The DF - "What's Next?" Talk

Let’s do this!I love the year one title!We can make some good tees,I swear I’ll pay for 4 hoodies or tees and I’ll get it to Davey and the guys through Smith,he always grabs setlists for me so he won’t mind.I can’t wait to see the logo aswell.

5 Likes

Just to update: My artist gave a first draft of the Burning Blackheart. It’s looking very cool. I sent her some feedback and some things to add and change.

However, I am also going to see if she can make us our own custom icons similar to STS… :wink:

I had the idea this morning… much of the icon idea was inspired by my feelings of owing a debt to the band for dropping out of things for how many years. I don’t intend to give their meanings right away when they’re done. I just hope everyone likes them. Right now I’m aiming on having 4 icons, plus the burning blackheart.

2 Likes

I suddenly desire buttons to pin all over my purse or jacket…because icons definitely lend themselves to buttons :wink:

2 Likes

It excites me that you’re excited! :slight_smile:

All I’ll say is that they do tell a story. I’ll reveal that after the icons are done and you all check them out. It’s a simple story that I think we’ll all be able to relate to.

3 Likes

The pins idea is cool too,I’m interested in the story you have to tell.Anyone else have ideas?I have ideas for shirts or hoodies if some want to pay more(for hoodies) once we get the design,it’s been awhile since afi had rings we can cast dfc rings one finger or two to get the dfc log or black heart,a necklace if the ring is too much which can have either the burning heart or dfc logo.I was thinking we make a book for each band member with @STORMS advert included then each dfc member gets a page/picture to write whatever they wish to the band. Just to show them the dark flame was reignited.I’d be able to deliver them to a few band members and I’m sure @Cher_I_Despair can aswell as he is the meet and greet master.Just some ideas,super excited

2 Likes

I’m all up for hoodies :wink:

3 Likes

I have now reached out to my tattoo artist as well. I’m doing this as I’m not sure my first artist will purely get the direction I want this to go in.

I’m also launching a separate take on the logo design after much thought but this idea made me more excited as it makes sense in a lot of ways. “Skull shaped heart” without flames, I’ll leave it at that for now.

3 Likes

Skull shaped heart I like,will it incorporate some of Daveys heart design,I jotted a few sketches if you’re Interested.After this tour with RA site exposure to fans and the band will see growth especially if we present a gift/photobook along with our own DF package to the members.I’m torn on the book where each member puts a photo and bio containing anything like drawings,art,stories,I think they’d love that.what do you think,I know it may seem corny but they’ll see the love and DFC will never die,I can see most of them joining the site.

2 Likes

Skull shaped heart sounds like AOF not AFI

We’ll see how it goes, but it’s to pay homage to the original DF logo where the skull is in the heart.

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Show Your AFI Artwork!

If this is still an idea, any t-shirt designing and printing I can help out with. I work for a screen-printing company. Would probably need to take preorders as we’d print in volume not single orders (set-up costs/wasted supplies/time loss would be avoided this way for us). I’m jumping in to this late, but would be down to help \m/

5 Likes

Im still down, i think wed do an awesome job collectively,we can make designs, I know a few musicians on here along with myself we can do covers too,why not the whole 9,box,litho,tee,hoody,music,patches.Were all diverse talent wise and itd give everyone a chance to be a part of the creation.This site is awesome thanks to @storms the least we can do is celebrate whats left of the DF.Im in…Shall we keep it here or start a new thread where we submit ideas and sketches?

4 Likes

I think this needs to be done the stars have aligned!LOL!Lets go guys!

1 Like

HAPPY NEW YEAR, YA’LL !
End of the year happened and now in the new year i finally cleared out my email and came across the replies on here. I’ll be checking here more currently.

If people wanna create a few ideas I can give pricing and we can figure out costs. It would be rad to represent the DF more

2 Likes

I came across this thread again and am still thinking this would be awesome if we did our own package.this site has came along nicely and I am grateful we have a place to gather and do what we do.Anyways who’s in?

2 Likes

You know I’m always in…no matter what we do :wink:

1 Like

Awesome @Blag!Let’s get started on some things and get the ball rolling and everyone will join in as we go along.Pm me or post what you’d like to see and what you’d like to contribute skillwise,artwise, ideas,literally anything!I was thinking A hoody/shirt/pins and patches(@STORMS had the idea for pins we could even have patches so we stick out at shows)Cup, artwork,music covers from board.members collaborating.Stickers?Year one was a well liked title but we may have to update that .Let’s have at it!Everyone and all ideas are welcomed let em fly!

Returning to this thread:

Tshirts I can help out with! I’ll front the cost if needed depending on what we need. I want to help and if we have some sick designs (the less colors the less expensive) I’d be happy to ‘donate’ to spread the good666 word of the DF

1 Like

Design is everything and usually “simple = best”.