Favorite Song from "The Art of Drowning"?

What is YOUR favorite track from the 2000 album, “The Art of Drowning”?

• Initiation
  • Lost Souls
  • The Nephilim
  • Ever and a Day
  • Sacrifice Theory
  • Of Greetings and Goodbyes
  • Smile
  • A Story at Three
  • Days of the Phoenix
  • Catch a Hot One
  • Wester
  • 6 to 8
  • Despair Factor
  • Morningstar
  • Battled

0 voters

I’m currently debating between DOTP and Despair Factor…

1 Like

I was torn between “Despair Factor” and “Morningstar,” but I went with my first thought and said “Morningstar.”

2 Likes

I caved and went with my number 1 pick in my mind by like a second… DOTP. Partially because watching the music video so many times over the years.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s pretty much how I did it; that and how much I love seeing it live.

I had to go with The Despair Factor…every time I see that song live I love it even more. It is the song I think of first when I think of that album.

1 Like

Yo what about Dream of Waking tho

3 Likes

Fuck me… thank you. I’ll add it now.

EDIT: Gonna have to try again later to add it… there’s an editing time limit on polls on here. I changed the time frame to be able to edit it but it’s still not letting me, lol. :frowning:

@insectpins you would point that out, wouldn’t you. :wink:

1 Like

Days of the Phoenix. It’s why this whole obsession started

3 Likes

I like the bonus tracks! lol just trying to stay consistent with the Black Sails poll that had Lower It.

2 Likes

Between 6 to 8 and Days of the Phoenix…finally decided for Days of the Phoenix :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to do a poll for all albums, except Black Sails since @MyFireInsidePod already did that one. I’ll be more careful with the next one. :wink:

1 Like

The Days of the Phoenix was one of the first AFI songs I listened to so obviously it holds a special place in my heart, but I’m going to have to go with Morningstar.

1 Like

Tough call between The Lost Souls or The Despair Factor or Catch a Hot One. Bump Initiation to add Dream of Waking, maybe? Initiation is cool, but would anyone really vote that as a favorite?

It was hard choosing between Of Greetings and Goodbyes and Wester, but the lyrics of Wester are one of Davey’s best, so I went with it

1 Like

My pick was Morningstar but it’s so hard to chose. Love 6 to 8, Wester, Smile…:

1 Like

The Days of the Phoenix is AFI’s career defining song. The song hits exactly what the band stands for more than any other song in their catalog.

1 Like

I agree that it’s up there, but I believe “God Called in Sick Today” is THE SONG that defines them the most. That is, if it came down to one song out of all.

2 Likes

Gonna have to disagree. I’m not saying one song is better than the other though. I meant it literally when I said it was a career defining song. It’s a song about being together as a band dreaming of just performing and doing what you love. The lyrics define the band and what they’re about better than any other song. (Except maybe 6 to 8.)

1 Like

Yeah, I see what you meant… very true.

This all just reminds me how good this album is.

1 Like