Honest Opinion of Blood Album?

I think it’s just the Japanese version that comes with a guitar pick

I finally got a new CD player installed in my car so I can finally listen to my AFI albums again. When testing the new install, I went straight to track 14.

In short, Blood is building.

1 Like

Goth music is my biggest love, despite AFI being my favorite band and adoring other alternative acts I’ll remain loyal to it, especially post-punk. In my opinion, Blood has many post-punk elements, so the moment I heard Aurelia, Above the Bridge, Pink Eyes, Feed from the Floor, She Speaks the Language etc. I adored it immediately. It’s difficult to change my favorite AFI album as I still think Sing the Sorrow is but Blood is just so fantastic.

Even if you have affection for particular music genres as AFI fans we know and appreciate good music.

1 Like

As much as I like the Blood Album, Black Sails and Art of Drowning remain my favorites. When I think real quick of which album I adore the most, it’s those two. It’s definitely from when I first heard of them… I discovered AFI in '00 so naturally AOD was hot and I loved it. As I went further back into their catalog… Black Sails was just phenomenal.

The question is, can you put Blood in your Top 5 AFI albums? For me, I definitely could. Though I believe it becomes difficult over time as I’ve grown fonder of Crash Love over the years.

For me Black Sails I’ll always be my favorite, but Blood and STS fight pretty often for 2nd place. The Wind That Carries me away definitely has a lot to do with that

1 Like

Definitely! My top five would be Sing the Sorrow, Burials, Blood, AOD/Black Sails (whops I can’t decide between those two) & DU. Many all time favorite AFI songs are off of Crash Love so I love it, I think is a very good album, just not their best, nor my favorite.

1 Like

Lol you’re technically picking at least 6. :slight_smile:

Basically if I had to narrow it down to two…

1. The Art of Drowning (my introduction album to AFI)
  2. Black Sails in the Sunset

It’s solid enough as an album probably around the 7-7.5 out of 10 Mark. There are some standout tracks that I love, and the rest are alright.
Just doesn’t come close to hitting the heights of black sails/art Of Drowning/sing the sorrow. That trio is on an entirely different level.

2 Likes