HysteriaMag writes about "Sing the Sorrow" 15th Anniversary and how the record changed everything for AFI

Just two days ago on 3/11/18 marked AFI’s Sing the Sorrow to be 15 years old. Sing the Sorrow is still to this day, AFI’s biggest leap to success. HysteriaMag has written a great piece surrounding the album and a few other artists that AFI follow that also had similar leaps.

Check out the article here:
http://www.hysteriamag.com/legacy-afi-dark-flames-poisoned-hearts-sing-sorrow-turns-15/

Credit: Eric Panales

2 Likes

Awesome how did I ,miss this,I remember skipping class in jr high which was a big deal a tradition I still do I have to buy afi records on release days I’ll listen to three songs a day to prolong the experience as it isn’t often,one moment I’ll share was when DU came out and summer shudder kicked in Daveys lyrics then the high ascending sy the sizer I got chills and I still do,especially during jades clean guitar part during the symphony part.I can go on for days this band is magic.thankS for the article!

3 Likes

This article is so amazingly written! It’s kind of wonderful

2 Likes

@sayasha @Ksf145 @Blag @insectpins @dnlkdwll

Check out the bottom of the article. :wink:

4 Likes

OMFG! That’s awesome! :smiley: Hope that brings a lot of attention and new members! :smiley:

Quick question…did you pay for the add? Or did they added just because they know the forum? Either way it’s awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Blag I contacted them to possibly advertise us in an article, but respectfully declined due to the “competition” element so they offered to link us at the bottom.

I thanked them for doing it. :slight_smile:

I made sure to put in the (fan-made).

I see :slight_smile: The “competition” part makes sense :slight_smile: And the link still gives a lot :smiley: So I’m quite happy :wink: and sure…“fan-made” was a nice touch :slight_smile:

1 Like

I guess as long as I don’t say “official” I don’t really need to say “fan-made”.

Not so sure about that…people tend to make assumptions…so being clear about “fan-made” can save us some trouble later on…