In search of... what's on your wish list?

I got it a while ago as a gift, so I couldn’t really complain. It’s pretty packaging, but a bitch to listen to.

1 Like

At least it’s only six discs, and not, oh I don’t know, 46.

www.piratespressrecords.com/store/7-box-set-c-47_48/rancid-essentials-box-set-p-393.html

But yeah, I played mine one time before getting rid of it.

2 Likes

You do have the Dork though, right? At least hopefully we won’t fight over one when it appears. :slight_smile:

The Dork would complete my collection in a big way.

1 Like

Who thought that was a good idea?!

1 Like

Unfortunately my Friend I do not, I would have to bid against you :cry:

1 Like

Well, best of luck getting Behind the Times. I’d be bidding against you on this one, but I already have this same version. I got mine about ten years ago.

Good luck!

Dude I have no idea. They’ve been sitting on those for years now though.

It’s basically for the person who refuses to listen to music digitally, but wants to listen to one specific song without having to cue it up on a 12’

1 Like

I’m really keen on getting the I hope you suffer t-shirt but other than knock offs I guess that ship has sailed. Oh and a December underground hoodie would be awesome, I wonder if that even exists…?

2 Likes

There are definitely DU hoodies around. I remember a friend of mine in high school had a white one with rabbits on it.

1 Like

Keep checking eBay. Those items come up every so often.

1 Like

The DU hoodie exists. I have one from the tour- black with white bunnies and DECEMBERUNDERGROUND on the back. They do pop up on eBay every once in a while. I’ll keep an eye out for you.

1 Like

The Suffer shirt is no longer on AFI’s site since they switched to all Blood. Keep checking eBay… the shirt isn’t that old so there shouldn’t be many knock-offs.

I used to have the DU hoodie… :frowning: no idea where it got to.

2 Likes

@Snobgrass

Tell me you were the lucky winner?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AFI-Behind-The-Times-1st-Pressing-Translucent-Black-with-insert-NM-NM-/292241393205?hash=item440af1c635:g:5F4AAOSwxeBZrtCy

Yes, I was able to come out on top in the bidding battle…someone else wanted this pretty bad too. I’m just glad it didn’t go any higher, $150 was really all I wanted to pay. That’s about $50 less than one listed in Discogs right now.

3 Likes

Well done. I’m glad to hear. :slight_smile:

Congrats on that!

The I hope you suffer shirt from rockabilia arrived today, the shipping was insanely fast! The shirt itself was covered in dust and and… saw dust bits? All over it, and there was some extra piece of fabric hanging off a few threads hanging out of the arm holes, but other than that it looks good, hopefully it washes well because I’d rather rather not wear a shirt covered in dust haha

The mirror a fire inside shirt was in the same condition, and the print looks kind of washed off but that may just be how it looks idk

Either way it got to me in the end and it’s in useable condition, I’ll probably use them again if need be

1 Like

At the moment I’m trying to get my hands on some bootlegs/rare shows. My birthday is in a few weeks and for last decade or so I’ve not really done anything special for myself, because there was nothing to do, and nothing to celebrate. So this year I’m going to do a lot of AFI stuff, hopefully finish my photo collage, which still has a lot of work left, and frame it, listen to all my favorite albums, etc. On the AFI Reddit several months ago Pablo uploaded a ton of shows for everyone to download for free, and so I tried to download one yesterday, but it won’t play. :’( There are three shows I really, really want, and I’ve emailed around to a few people, but no one’s gotten back in touch with me yet. A few months ago the full show from 2002 where they play A Winter’s Tale was on youtube, and I watched the first 10 minutes or so but got busy with other things, and I meant to go back and watch the whole thing, but a few days ago I tried to find it again and it looks like it’s been removed. :’(

I have every show he uploaded. What are you looking for?

1 Like

I absolutely must have the 2003 London Astoria show and the 2003 London Forum show (when they played This Celluloid Dream). Those are probably the two best shows I’ve seen of them, out the fucking park. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched them, they are my favorite. They’re still on youtube but I’m always worried they’ll be taken down, as with the 2002 show. I don’t think Pablo had the 2002 show, I don’t remember seeing it on the list. I can’t even remember where that show was played, but Dave’s in white and they play A Winter’s Tale, and (I think) The Hanging Garden. I believe the only person who’s selling it is TheSecretNinja337 on youtube, but I’ve messaged him and haven’t gotten a reply. I’m interested in pretty much anything from 2003 or slightly before (2000-2003-ish). I’ve seen some songs from the Reading show in 2003 (I think) and I remember the sound quality not being that great and Adam is blocked from view, but there aren’t too many full shows from that time that I think I would want it anyway. Oh! And I think there’s a full show when they played in San Antonio in maybe 2000-2001, there’s an interview with Robb’s MetalWorks and part of the that show, and I’ve read there’s a recording of the full show somewhere although I’ve never seen it.

1 Like