Post Your AFI Collections

Not a test pressing, just a promo version that has some hand-coloring. While its still pretty cool, I want to see a pic of the yellow tests pressings.

4 Likes

It has a different etching in the runout too that references that it’s a promotional copy. I remember one went on ebay in 06/07 - probably this one. You can see it on Popsike.

4 Likes

That’s so cool. There were only six promo copies of Dork ever made.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’d also like to see the yellow test pressing. Back in the day, I heard rumors of the band’s teachers getting a test pressing. I have no idea if that’s true or not.

2 Likes

So I have no idea if this shirt is rare or not, but I freaked because I saw SMITH! I also saw that it had CinderBlock tags, so it’s legit. Anyone know if this shirt is common or not? @Snobgrass @dnlkdwll @insectpins @4ibanez @_tonibell @Vanished

I made an offer and got it for $32.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192359297923?_trksid=p2045573.m570.l6346&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI192359297923.N101.S1&autorefresh=true

1 Like

I had no idea that that was a thing. That’s awesome! I love Smith’s status in this band.

1 Like

Crash Love, Burials variants… :frowning: #jealousy

NICE COLLECTION!!!

Okay, when exactly did the rest of the BSITS variants come out? I know the grey one was first… but what about the others?

EDIT: @SilverAndCold I merged your post into this existing thread.

I have never seen it before but it does make sense seeing how Smith is on one of the records that comes in the DU 7” clear box set. You definitely need it for your collection :metal:t2:

2 Likes

This just arrived from a trade with 4ibanez!

4 Likes

Is that a PROMO cassette???

1 Like

Yes sir it is!!! First one I have ever owned :metal:t2:

4 Likes

Who Knew I’d ever be so jealous of a cassette tape. Jesus… it makes me wonder how rare that is.

The only thing close to an outdated version of media that I have is my Girl’s Not Grey VHS.

Good stuff to you too, @4ibanez !

Dude a bunch of STS era promo vhs tapes were on eBay for all of 10 minutes the other day.

They sold for $99-150 each.

3 Likes

WTF WHEN??? Do you remember what all they were? (goes to “Sold listings” on eBay…)

EDIT: Here it is. It looks like it did sell for $99, otherwise it would say “Best offer accepted”
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AFI-GIRLS-NOT-GREY-2003-DREAMWORKS-REC-VHS-PROMO-TAPE-ALT-ROCK-MUSIC-VIDEO-RARE/253249214401?hash=item3af6d457c1:g:23oAAOSw1QpaA0dO

2 Likes

I saw one for sale…were the others “buy it now”?

1 Like

This is the one I was watching.

1 Like

Yeah they all were. Five minutes after I saw them they were gone.

1 Like

Okay, I don’t know if I ever saw that one before but I edited my previous post with the one that I saw sold… this is the one I have. I see there was also a Silver and Cold promo VHS - that one, I DON’T have.

1 Like

Wow. I guess I never really thought about collecting them. Guess I’ll pay more attention now.

1 Like

I forgot they even existed. I’ve never seen them for sale before.