Post Your AFI Collections

Well, the thing with these items, just like when I bought the AFI cassettes from the Nitro site years ago… you would have never thought how hard these would be to find years later.

There’s probably at least 10 items that I lost from moving out of my Mom’s back in like '06 including my 1st issue of Under the Rose, DF posters, promo posters, etc. Now, I gotta “hawk” eBay again… lol.

1 Like

Glad it arrived safe. Thanks again for the trade :metal::fist:

1 Like

Hell yeah Bro! Totally stoked that I finally added one to the collection. Thanks again :facepunch:t2::beer:

1 Like

Dayum, really regret missing S&C. I have GNG US, UK and French VHS and TLSP2 US VHS. I could’ve completed the STS singles collection!

1 Like

Well, I know not a lot of you care a whole lot for the shirt collecting but I scored Smith’s Decemberunderground shirt yesterday. :slight_smile:

Similar to those VHS auctions, it doesn’t sound like they last long before someone bought them.

2 Likes

@Snobgrass @4ibanez

Jadia: Real question: can I get one? :thinking:

AFI News HQ: They’re incredibly rare, unfortunately. eBay will be your best bet, although we’ve never seen one pop up. Good luck!

https://www.facebook.com/AFINewsHQ/posts/10155197511794676

2 Likes

I don’t think I even know the answer. I think it was like a random postcard possible? I’d love to know how many they made.

1 Like

Granted, real-life had me in ways I couldn’t avoid, but I’d like to think that since seeing AFI this past February that I am now back into it vowing to get behind them, following the band’s every step (as much as I possibly can). I don’t want to miss anymore.

1 Like

Yep a postcard. They are hard to find nowadays. ‘Incredibly’ rare is a bit of a push IMO. BSITS Japanese promo cassette on the other hand is like rocking horse ****

I started adding a few rarities, including that one, onto Discogs in the absence of any better alternative now Deadformat is closed.

1 Like

Sometimes I look at your want list on Discogs and find stuff to add to mine. It’s fucking crazy the amount of stuff there is, it’s kind of depressing knowing I have so much to find still. I still need help finding a pink eddies picnic…I seem to think about that pressing more than a Dork. Call me crazy.

1 Like

Pink Eddie Picnic was my most sought after release for a long time. Got it for $140 on Discogs two years ago. It’ll show up.

It’s just a pressing I NEVER see, ever. Not on eBay, Discogs nothing…someday…someday :thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah it definitely doesn’t show up a lot.

1 Like

Same here. I have the black vinyl. Back in the day ('02, '03) there were Eddies, BTT and Dork’s surfacing quite often. I got all of mine back then. I got my Behind the Times for about $200 I believe. Eddies maybe $300… I forget.

The Dork would always go for more than I could afford. I remember being temped to go to the bank and take out a loan to bid on it on eBay.

1 Like

The black Eddie Picnics seem to show up even less frequently than the pink. Same for Behind the Times.

2 Likes

Black Eddie is much more of a struggle to find, so you definitely have less work set out to find the pink one.

2 Likes

I’m a banker, so I’d 100% approve that loan on the basis of “I need to buy a record…”

2 Likes

Hey, good news! Thanks :slight_smile:

More good news! LOL

1 Like

I was wondering what you did for a living…I see that you snatched up the orange FITO test pressing and the GNG vhs! ( yeah, I was stalking you on Discogs ) Now I know that I can bid on them and not have to worry about competing against you lol.

2 Likes

They appear every now and then. In fact there’s an Eddie Picnic black /100 on Discogs, but the price is obscene even given how over-inflated stuff seems at the moment.

1 Like