Post Your AFI Collections

Thank you! I appreciate it. :slight_smile: enjoy the boards! Usually we have some cool discussions and stuff.

Your thread should be in a different forum at least. On top of that, we already have a thread for this kind of thing. So there is no need to make a new thread for it.

https://www.weareafi.com/t/post-your-afi-collections/231/469

I’m new to the boards. I read that someone said there’s only about 10 copies of the green version so I had to post mine that I had.

7 Likes

That was me that said that. The green variant is currently my most sought-after record.

2 Likes

Thats nice…very nice :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Welcome @Tbureau87

Nice records!

Yo @4ibanez, what’ve you been up to dude, didn’t think you’re still into the afi game :smiley: I’ve definitely been slacking for the past… 6 or 7 years? But this board kinda got me excited again.

Awesome collections everyone, some of those pieces brought up feelings of jealousy I long thought were dead. So kudos! :smile:

6 Likes

Hey @Slinch, do you still have that System Failure cassette?

Yeah, it’s still kicking around somewhere back home. Haven’t gone through my afi stuff in ages (shame on me, I know), but I kinda want to now :smiley:

2 Likes

I just wanted to announce that I found two more relics at my mother-in-laws today.

BSITS cassette tape & old school AFI patch (black with block AFI letters). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey man, yeh I picked it all up a again in mid/end of 2016. I’d lost a bit of interest prior to that. Relentlessly searching ebay so as to not miss out on some unknown rarity became tiresome. There was probably a period of 6 months where nothing interesting appeared. It outweighed the pleasure of maybe eventually getting some random acetate with 1 track and no artwork! Now I just try to accept that if I miss out then I miss out. And I try to just keep an eye on what’s out there now and then. If I get an opportunity to get something new then of course I’ll still go for it!:syringe::syringe::syringe:

You might not have seen - I did get very lucky getting hold of an STS gold disc :flushed:

The latest album seems to have rejuvinated things. A fair number of rarities appeared, and people are going all out - no longer just us 2! A Dork sold on ebay for $1000 last year (remember when they were selling for like $250?) crazy FITO Halloween Test press prices recently too. Also someone even made me a huge offer for my DU test press last week!! You’ve got some catching up to do :wink:

6 Likes

Yeah man, I’ve seen that STS plaque shortly after you got it, and for a really good price as well! No biggie, when I was still heavy into collecting it was jut my second most wanted piece ever!! :smiley: Luckily by that time I eased up on afi, otherwise the jealousy would have kept me up at night :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still not really into most of their recent albums, so I’ve decided to primarily focus on vinyl, and just pick up random other stuff that I come across, but definitely not to the level I used to.

But it was fun times, even though it was hella stressful, I always remember thinking to myself that the only way I can grab some super rare pieces was if it was a buy-it-now price, because if it’s an auction, that 4ibanez dude will always outbid me. So obviously when it was an auction, I was just hoping you either wouldn’t see it or your internet would die. :rofl:

Yeah, I saw that Dork, and that $600 FITO, things are getting crazy. I didn’t expect it, but I’m glad there’s more and more people popping up and going wild, for a while there it was really just us two battling it out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Slinch and @4ibanez …you 2 are the Godfathers of AFI collecting, I remember first starting out back in mid 2000’s and I was like “who the F are these 2 guys…they win/buy/have everything!” LOL, now I know that @Acidpickle , @insectpins, @Hammonds, and @dnlkdwll are in the mix now too…its awesome, you all are who I look up too…crazy amounts of knowledge and your collections are fantastic.

3 Likes

Glad you found it! I remember you sending me a rip of it, which I then lost :frowning:

1 Like

There were people before us too. Sistinas had a load of test pressings, but there was a Canadian dude (Tony Fitz) who had an extensive collection - that really got me hooked. He eventually sold it all and I bought a job lot of 10 really rare pieces from him that I hadn’t been able to track down. Opening that box was like every xmas ever had come early!

3 Likes

Yeah, Slinch and 4ibanez were always my go to back in the day. Insane collections!

4 Likes

So…I don’t have an AFI record collection :frowning: All the albums are on my Amazon Music…and of course I bought them…I don’t care that I get them for free on Amazon Unlimited…it would be fair not to pay for them :wink:

Anyway…what I do have and wanted to share as I told @STORMS once…it’s my AFI Clothing and stuff collections :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Been trying to get this one forever. Black on black tour variant of Sing the Sorrow. Debating on opening it or keeping it sealed.

4 Likes

Keep it sealed! Where did you get it? I need this too!!

2 Likes

Found it on Discogs.

1 Like