Post Your AFI Collections

Thank you, very interesting. Appreciate the info.

@Snobgrass where. The. Fuck. Did. You. Find. That.

@STORMS I just randomly found it on eBay with a buy it now if $99. I went through Discogs first to see if it was listed there, but it wasn’t, so I figured it may be fairly rare. So I just took a gamble and bought it. I don’t have a VCR so I can’t play it but it seems legitimate.

3 Likes

LMAO .99… wow.

Great score! I’m glad it’s in good hands!

Love Like Winter :white_check_mark:

7 Likes

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE TO YOU ALL, JUST GOT A DOPE STOCKING STUFFER!

5 Likes

I dont have those fly im ointments I might be interested even though im trying to sell some myself for money for bills

sure dude i knpw youd give them a great home

DF Patches

6 Likes

Jealous of that Burials patch - only one I don’t have.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Does this count as collection?

Unmastered version (tagged as radio mix) with finally a decent vocal mix and audible bass.

3 Likes

Hey Pablo do those FLAC files require certain Headphones(im guessing super high quality noise cancelling)and do you need certain programs or speakers to get the optimal FLAC format?Im suoer into FLAC but want to know whats needed to truly take advantage of the quality.Thanks

@Snobgrass I still like your better but I did just grab this one too:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nitro-Records-1990-s-Music-Video-VHS-AFI-Gutternouth-Vandals-90-s-Punk-/173720015798?nma=true&si=CN%252FfIs22jET4WwBhpvE3QXGOFw0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

1 Like

Where can I get these?

That is a cool find @STORMS. I wish I would have found that first lol!!

1 Like

@Snobgrass It’s only fair to inform you if you haven’t noticed already… both VHS’ that you and I purchased on ebay are from the same seller. We should probably keep an eye on his items going forward… you never know.

1 Like

Who’s the guy on the left… not Vic, right?

1 Like

That’s Frank Vicario (from Snapcase), who was gonna join AFI for a minute in 1997, when Hunter got sent back to the bass player temp agency or whatever.

They never played any shows with him, but I am kinda curious if they had any practice sessions or anything.

4 Likes

I think Davey tells the whole story that in one of the turned out a punk episodes he did. They had promo shots done and everything and then the band that Frank was in…didn’t break up. And so Hunter stuck.

I don’t remember him mentioning any practice sessions (something about the band Frank was in finishing up a tour on the east coast after which they were going to break up), it seemed like a lot of it was talking on the phone? Or that’s the impression that I got from the interview.

1 Like

What do you guys think about creating a thread (vault) detailing very early details and releases? NOT just the Dork, Behind the Times, etc, but also gathering as much information as possible on their reunion show up to their first official album ATASF?

@Snobgrass @dnlkdwll @sayasha @Ksf145 @insectpins

Ever since obtaining these early VHS tapes ( I don’t have them yet ) it’s made me want to dive into their early history and detail it… because, well… has it been done before other than maybe wikipedia?

6 Likes