Tell me about shows you've attended

The best AFI show I ever went to was London Forum - 6th June 2003 on their STS tour. It was explosive, and magical, and I genuinely felt like I’d been transported to another world.
I hung around by the back doors of the venue and met the band afterwards - I really distinctly remember that Davey smelt like apple shampoo (?!) when he gave me a hug, for some reason that stuck with me.

There was another girl there called Michelle (I think she used to be MichelleABC on the old DF forum?) who took a photo of me and Davey on her disposable camera, and said she’d send it my way, but we never crossed paths again and the photo has been lost somewhere in the ether for 16 years now!

My folks drove to London to pick me up at silly o’clock in the morning because I’d wanted to meet the band so much and missed the last train home - I don’t think I’ve ever been in more trouble, but it was SO worth it.

1 Like

SwornXIn and November Coming Fire :wink:

1 Like

you absolute bloody legend.

No idea. I’m hoping it’s not someone I’ve subsequently come to love, cause I have no recollection of them at all other than I was in soon after doors, so definitely saw them

Edit: just seen the more recent post. That would probably have been the first and only time I’ve listened to either of those

1 Like