Th3doctor is back

Hello,

I’m an illustrator and painter who lives in Oregon. I joined the Despair Faction back in 2001 but had to rejoin because my original email expired.
I have the entire bands signatures tattooed on my right arm… well technically my entire right arm is dedicated to AFI.

4 Likes

Welcome to the boards!

2 Likes

Thank you.

I was apart of the Dispair Faction back in 2002. Since then I’ve lost everything I had regarding my membership… except the T-shirt. I’m assuming I’d have to rejoin since it’s been so long.

1 Like

You still have your DF card by chance?

1 Like

I wish I did, it got lost by an ex in a move. Sad days

1 Like

If you have a way to verify that you’re DF, just PM me so I can get you verified on here, similar to how I have Verified DF by my name.

I have an empty space on my left sleeve where I was thinking about signatures as well. Just waiting for the vaccination incubation to follow through :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I highly recommend getting those when you can. I did when I met them at a crash love signing.

1 Like

I was gonna get Adam’s name tattooed… he actually asked me if I was going to get it tattooed when I had him sign my arm. I said yes and he talked me out of it… lol.

He said something like, “think about it… years from now people are gonna say, ‘who’s Adam?’”.

Granted, I believe this was back in 2001 when i first saw them.

On the real though, I’d love to cover my left arm with BSITS waves/water since i already have the ship and clouds.

1 Like

That’s fair. For me I personally see my tattoos as a chapters in my life. If I’m asked what they mean I’ll just tell them they’re some of the greatest moments in my life.

2 Likes

Hello fellow Oregonian! I’m an old DF member circa 2005 ish. From Northern Cali now on the Oregon coast. Wish I could remember my old DF login. I was very active back then, even made it onto their dvd from the Long Beach Show. Can’t wait to see them in Portland next year!

1 Like

That’s fantastic to hear you were in the DVD!! I’m obviously extremely proud of you and jealous. If I may ask, where abouts in Oregon do you live? I’m about 4 hours south of Portland.

Ha its a good memory to have. I’m a few hours down the coast as well. Can’t wait to catch them next year, been too long for me!

1 Like

Awesome. I wish I had the time to go see them again. Last time I saw them was when they were on tour for Crash Love.

Aw I never saw their crash love tour. I can’t remember the exact year of my last show. Sometime around the Long Beach dvd and the Blaqk Audio show at PopScene. Best times of my life!

1 Like