The Art Of Drowning Tattoos

I recently started practicing American Traditional tattoo for the first time in years. I was drawing up band/song inspired tattoos and started sketching these up. The Art Of Downing is my Husband’s favorite AFI album and for sure one of mine. He’s wanted to get an AFI related tattoo for while and really fell in love with the sacred heart type design. I’m honestly proud of myself for finishing a full flash sheet.

7 Likes

Nice work! You’re really talented Asher! I’ve wondered why Jared Gaines hasn’t done AoD yet; so much good imagery in there - glad you did it.

1 Like

Those are brilliant!

1 Like

Right??? I love his work. He’s part of what inspired these. I’d love to see him do some AoD designs. He’s got far more knowledge and skill in the art style than I do. Thank you!

Love this style and how the designs represent the AOD lyrics and concepts. You’re very talented!

1 Like

This is so awesome. I love American Traditional. You did a great job matching the lyrics to them as well. You should definitely continue to make these.

1 Like

This is awesome! I hope you keep doing more!

1 Like

Honestly, the only AOD tattoo that I’d like to get someday… maybe even before Summer this year?!? Doubt it! lol… ANYWAY, the tattoo would be the Nephilim bat on my chest with similar placement as Davey’s burning heart tattoo.

1 Like

My husband got the heart tattooed yesterday! I’m honored honestly. The tattoo artist is amazing. His instagram is sparklingtapwater

Wow! Amazing tattoo.

1 Like