Welcome to DespairFaction.Club! (name changed from WeAreAFI)

Hi,

Facebook: Facebook
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WeAreAFI

My name is Scott, an AFI addict since 2000 and this is my attempt at creating

* a new community forum **STRICTLY for AFI fan’s

Allow me to elaborate… this for fans of AFI and everything (side) project of each respective member have been involved in i.e. Blaqk Audio, XSTRMST, DREAMCAR, etc.

I am very excited to show off my collection as well as experiences with the rest of you. I have seen AFI a total of 5 times since 2001 with the first time being Warped Tour 01 when AFI switched clothes with “Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies”… AFI came on stage with Hawaiian clothes on… it threw me off, but it was awesome at the same time.

Anyway, here are a few teaser images of parts of my collection. My collection deals from 1993 (No, I do NOT have the Dork) up to (about) 2005. This also includes over 60 AFI shirts including “File 13” and “Throw Me Away”.

So please, feel free to sign up and start posting!

1 Like

@_tonibell @ForumFoxCarolyn

FYI I changed some of the forum names to match the previous AFI forums. If you have any suggestions, let me know. :slight_smile:

Trying to make things feel at home. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will definitely look at things to help with feedback. I still haven’t tried it on my phone yet to let you know about that.

2 Likes

The phone experience is very lovely. I have other forum experience and unless the old AFI forums also had Tapatalk, these forums are way better on mobile.

The mobile experience of this forum software is the main reason I chose it actually. So this way, while you’re at an AFI show you can browse and post just as easy as when you’re behind your PC. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This already has an amazing vibe to it, so anything extra is just, as trite as this sounds, “icing on the cake.” Thank you again for doing this! And thanks for encouraging me to actually wait the other night. I have SEVERE social anxiety, so doing anything like that always takes an extra push. I probably wouldn’t have if you hadn’t given me all those tips.

1 Like

@_tonibell if this does go anywhere, I will be in constant regard and search for what’s best for the community. I GREATLY appreciate yours and @ForumFoxCarolyn support. It means the world, really.

Creating a fan forum and growing from a complete empty slate to even what we’re growing now feels really good. Granted, I work full time and have a family, but I will be doing my best to update things whenever possible. In retrospect, I should have done this years ago… but then again the official forums were up.

Here’s to new beginnings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I raise my elderberry tea to you, sir. :slight_smile: Thanks for this.

1 Like

Ooh, that tea sounds good! :slight_smile:

(drinking coffee atm w/ french vanilla creamer) :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL. I can’t drink anymore coffee. All the driving back and forth to Maine the past two days killed me.

1 Like

FYI @_tonibell @ForumFoxCarolyn @Vanished @horrorpunx

A trick to quote someone on here, see below:

1 Like

6 likes on our Facebook page so far :slight_smile: :frowning:

1 Like

There’s a Facebook page? I’ll go like it now!

Edit: ummm, do you have the link?

1 Like

Yep, I made both Twitter and Facebook before even starting this forum. Reason being, I didn’t know if it was going to work or be worth it… meaning, I wasn’t sure if it was going to fail. I finally just kinda said “fuck it, I’m doing it… I should’ve done this years ago”.

Anyway, here’s the link :slight_smile: Facebook

1 Like

Just liked it! Look for the girl with the Uber moody profile pic. LOL.

1 Like

THANK YOU! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for making this!

I also have a IG where I have my collection posted
Afi_collector is my username

2 Likes

Welcome, Mike!

How’d you here about us? Mind you, this forum is very new but we are growing. :slight_smile:

Yay! New person! Welcome! And I’ll go give your Instagram a follow. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes! And I am anxious to see his collection. Also, what is IG, @Mike_txaxnxd ?

I have a glimpse of my collection posted. One of these days I’ll lay everything out to showcase it. :slight_smile: