AFI Set List & Album Breakdown from 07.21.17 Show in St. Louis, MO

Tonight AFI moved on with their Blood Tour and reached St. Louis, Missouri. Although, I have not yet heard much about this show so far but with the lack of songs from tonight’s list and the upcoming venue changes for other shows… I am speculating that this show may not have been a sell-out.

Judging by the set list and it containing 14 songs instead of the usual 17 (with encore), my speculation may be correct. However, I cannot confirm this. Regardless, it’s not a set list that I would want to miss! :slight_smile:

Here’s a quick breakdown of the set list:

3 x songs played - Sing the Sorrow
2 x songs played - Blood Album
3 x songs played - Decemberunderground (including B-side)
2 x songs played - Burials
1 x songs played - Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes
2 x songs played - Crash Love
1 x songs played - Art of Drowning

1. Paper Airplanes (Sing the Sorrow)
  2. Girl’s Not Grey (Sing the Sorrow)
  3. Aurelia (Blood Album)
  4. Love Like Winter (Decemberunderground)
  5. Face Beneath the Waves (Burials)
  6. Coin Return (Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes) '97
  7. On the Arrow (Decemberunderground B-side)
  8. End Transmission (Crash Love)
  9. I Hope You Suffer (Burials)
  10. Days of the Phoenix (Art of Drowning)
  11. Snow Cats (Blood Album)
  12. Silver and Cold (Sing the Sorrow)
  13. Beautiful Thieves (Crash Love) Just Like Heaven was NOT played
  14. Miss Murder (Decemberunderground)

Setlist Credit: AFireInside.net/AFINewsHQ

Also, be sure to be checking out AFI’s upcoming tour dates because you never know… after these days, they could very well be done touring for a while! http://afireinside.net/tourdates/

1 Like

Coin Return???! You have GOT to be kidding me! I’m shocked. Like, sometimes I’ll be driving along, listening to AFI on shuffle, and when a song like Coin Return comes on, I’ll think to myself, “Man, how awesome and random would it be if they played that live in 2017?” Amazing.

2 Likes

I have to side with you on this one. Granted, I got Malleus but my jealousy levels for this show are still there.

1 Like

But at least with Malleus, it’s an iconic AFI song, as old and seldom-played as it is. Coin Return is just… so… random. Like, it’s a great song - one of the better ones on SYMAOYE, actually - but you don’t expect it to be something they’ll pull out in 2017. A Single Second? Sure. Keeping Out Of Direct Sunlight? Hey, I was there and heard it myself. Third Season, even, or Triple Zero. But Coin Return, man, that’s a real trip. You figure that if they’re gonna pull out some pre-Jade songs, it’s gonna be limited to a select few. I wonder how many people in the crowd were totally unprepared for that? Haha.

2 Likes

Why are these shows not selling out? WHY? Anyway, amazing set list. The set lists always have such a great pacing to them.

1 Like

I’ll be anxious to see how tonight’s set list is… hopefully it’s back to 17.

1 Like

According to setlist.fm, they played Celluloid Dream on this night as well… it wasn’t on the set list:

![AFI Setlist The Pageant, St. Louis, MO, USA 2017, The Blood Tour (second leg)](upload://msSpA3zXnj8674PAHoCYZ3tnjxd.png)
1 Like