AFI Set List & Album breakdown from Red Rocks Amphitheater 07.27.17 w/ video of Depeche Mode cover

Last night AFI performed at the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, CO. They performed another great set list including a Depeche Mode cover of “Never Let Me Down Again”, which can be found below. The folks last night were exposed to not only a great set list but limited (signed) lithographs from Linas Garsys, plus t-shirts with his design.

AFI’s set last night weighed heavily with “Sing the Sorrow” songs featuring 6 tracks from the album. AFI’s sets as of late have been mostly 4-5 songs from that album. Check out the album breakdown below.

AFINewsHQ actually did a great live blog of the event last night. It was the equivelant of listening to the show on the radio, except in written form. They updated it by the minute. If you’d like to check it out, you can do so here.

6 x songs played - Sing the Sorrow
2 x songs played - Blood Album
2 x songs played - Crash Love
2 x songs played - Burials
1 x songs played - Art of Drowning
2 x songs played - Decemberunderground
1 x songs played - Depeche Mode cover

1. Miseria Cantare (Sing the Sorrow)
  2. Girl’s Not Grey (Sing the Sorrow)
  3. So Beneath You (Blood Album)
  4. End Transmission (Crash Love)
  5. Beautiful Thieves (Crash Love)
  6. This Celluloid Dream( Sing the Sorrow)
  7. 17 Crimes (Burials)
  8. Snow Cats (Blood Album)
  9. Paper Airplanes (Sing the Sorrow)
  10. This Time Imperfect (Sing the Sorrow)
  11. Days of the Phoenix (Art of Drowning)
  12. I Hope You Suffer (Burials)
  13. Silver and Cold (Sing the Sorrow)
  14. Never Let Me Down Again (Depeche Mode cover)
  15. Love Like Winter (Decemberunderground) (NOT ON SET LIST)
  16. Miss Murder (Decemberunderground)

DEPECHE MODE, “Never Let Me Down Again” cover…

Set List credit: AFINewsHQ

2 Likes

I just noticed the broken AFI drum stick in the hand of the person holding the set list. Jealous

1 Like

My only consolation is that I have seen all of these (except for the Depeche cover) live before. LOL

1 Like

This set list consisted of primarily singles, with only one song from the Nitro days included, and people who were there are absolutely raving.

Just goes to show you how good of a live band AFI is, the rarities are cool to see, but by no means necessary to put on an absolutely killer show.

1 Like

Yeah, @Ophelia can attest to this as she was there at this show last night. There are some folks on the AFI reddit page that were pissed about the set list, but I agree with you. It is really awesome that AFI have been doing a lot of premieres. I still feel pretty awesome having the latest Totalimmortal performance. :smiley: