AFI Setlist & Album Breakdown Houston, Texas set had f**king Nephilim 09.12.18

houston

But this set list though… Wow. The 2nd leg to the Mourning in Amerika tour for AFI as been astounding. Their set tonight in Houston, Texas featured “The Nephilim” that was played for the 2ND TIME EVER (last played 5/24/02!) and “Endlessly, She Said”, which was last played 03/03/07!

AFI keeps to their 10-song set for the 2nd leg, but wow… no one could have guessed these treats!

1. This Celluloid Dream (Sing the Sorrow)
  2. Still A Stranger (Blood)
  3. The Days of the Phoenix (The Art of Drowning)
  4. The (Fucking) Nephilim (The Art of Drowning)
  5. Heart Stops (Burials)
  6. Endlessly, She Said (Decemberunderground)
  7. Paper Airplanes (Sing the Sorrow)
  8. Lost Souls (The Art of Drowning)
  9. Snow Cats (Blood)
  10. Miss Murder (Decemberunderground)

Endlessly, She Said, captured by @Cher_I_Despair
https://www.facebook.com/jacob.huntley.3/videos/10155983854468869/

The Nephilim LIVE! (Thanks to Sarah Blue)

Setlist image credit to @Cher_I_Despair

4 Likes

I see @Cher_I_Despair got what he wanted.

Wow, these setlists…

1 Like

Did you seriously get another one??? Lmao. Thank you

1 Like

God this second leg has been good.

1 Like

This is only making me more excited for Vancouver and Seattle

1 Like

First post updated! @Pablo

Thanks for the setlist @Cher_I_Despair !!!

Daaaaamn. Did @Pablo get in their ear to write this setlist when he saw Hunter and Jade earlier?

These last three have been nuts. Guess I’m driving to SLC this weekend.

Just arrived where I’m staying at. What a fucking show. Got Celluloid Dream, Paper Airplanes ND Snow Cats back. And The Nephilim. Got to meet all of them except for Davey. Special thanks to Adam for giving us his drum heads. Even the Rise Against guys were super nice.

I also got to meet Jacob. What a nice and fun guy. We stayed until 3 am with two other amazing guys Michael and Alesandra who I hope will join this forum soon.

7 Likes

@Pablo were you the one that got my pics with jade I havent received those from anyone yet

Yeah sorry dude, I went to bed as soon as I got home and just woke up

3 Likes

Haha I showed Hunter my shirt and pointed at the back where it said The New Patron and I said “hope never dies”

2 Likes

This was I think my 14th or 15th time seeing AFI since 98 and this was one of my favorites! Houston often gets left out and we got some love last night. We never a proper DU show, just a Warped set that year, so seeing Endlessly played was a highlight for me!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: 7 for the tour total the texas shows were my favorite and meant alot to me when Davey played last kiss came to me and sang its all for you I couldnt even ask for more at this point I mean them playing but home is nowhere in santa barbra would be the top of the cake to end a perfect tour but literally Davey has given me ziggy stardust nephilim last kiss dancing througj sunday multiple times endlessly she said no poetic device summer shudder. Its been suoer art of drowning heavy and Its been amazing AF.

2 Likes

I just now saw these photos @Pablo. I’m very happy for you. Plus the fact that you got your SYMAOYE shirt signed is amazing. :slight_smile:

Thank you dude! Finally meeting them was amazing.

By the way, did anyone else notice the insane solo during Snow Cats? It was completely different from the album version.