AFI Setlist and Album Breakdown from Troutdale, OR 8/4/17, includes Midnight Sun!

8/4/2017 Troutdale, OR Setlist - https://t.co/ArHWYubuh0 pic.twitter.com/5iY8WlUlxy

— AFI News HQ (@AFINewsHQ) August 5, 2017

AFI put together another amazing setlist featuring “Midnight Sun” and, a personal fave of mine, “Feed From the Floor” (you have not lived until you have seen that track live). “Miss Murder” is usually a great opening; I saw them open with that back on Feb. 3 in NYC. Oh, and hello there “The Interview,” I’ve only been dying to see you played live and IT’S STILL NOT HAPPENED. ANYWAY, this was a nice showcase of Decemberunderground/STS/The Art of Drowning era songs. If you were there, tell us how it was. :slight_smile:

Tonight’s show at the Showbox is their last show on the American leg, so if you’re going to it, enjoy and tell us all about it. :slight_smile:

Below is the setlist and breakdown by album.

Black Sails in the Sunset - 2 (though one is a hidden track)
The Art of Drowning- 3
Sing the Sorrow- 3
Decemberunderground- 2
Crash Love-1
Burials-1
The Blood- 2

1. Miss Murder (Decemberunderground)
  2. Girls Not Grey (Sing the Sorrow)
  3. The Lost Souls (The Art of Drowning)
  4. Feed From the Floor (The Blood)
  5. This Celluloid Dream (Sing the Sorrow)
  6. Ever and a Day (The Art of Drowning)
  7. End Transmission (Crash Love)
  8. Snow Cats (The Blood)
  9. Midnight Sun (Black Sails in the Sunset)
  10. Love Like Winter (Decemberunderground)
  11. I Hope You Suffer (Burials)
  12. Days of the Phoenix (The Art of Drowning)
  13. Silver and Cold (Sing the Sorrow)
  14. God Called in Sick Today (Black Sails in the Sunset)

If I made any mistakes, let me know.

Setlist courtesy AFINewsHQ

EDITED! They did NOT play The Interview or Paper Airplanes. Kind of sad for the lovely Oregon crowd that they didn’t get The Interview or Paper Airplanes.

2 Likes

Ah, Feed From The Floor, my personal favorite track off the Blood album. And The Interview as well? They sound-checked it in Paso Robles but didn’t end up playing it. Sounds like Portland had a great set!

1 Like

I love Feed From the Floor. I actually cried when I saw it live in Providence, RI. And I have been dying to hear The Interview live. It hasn’t happened yet. Portland definitely had an amazing set.

1 Like

Alas, they did not play “The Interview” according to a new edit from AFINewsHQ. Damn.

I saw that right after I commented on it. I was looking forward to watching video of it :cry:

1 Like

They played the Interview once before on this tour. It’s somewhere on this board, and I believe someone posted video of it.

1 Like

So jealous of Midnight Sun.

3 Likes

That makes two of us.

1 Like

I saw Midnight Sun in Baltimore!

3 Likes

So, they played God Called in Sick Today as their last song? If so, that’s pretty awesome. If only it was Midnight Sun as their encore. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Apparently, at least according to HQ

1 Like