Another Prodigal Fall Child

Hi all!

Like many of you, life took me for a roller coaster ride away from AFI for many years. I moved to China, listened only to C-pop and K-pop :laughing: and taught English for a while. Then I came back to the States and before I knew it I was married!

Now Iā€™m in Boston, trying to ā€œadultā€ among people I donā€™t culturally fit in with, and finding it a passionless endeavor. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m rediscovering AFI, who gave me purpose through my teen years. This community feels like home for me, where I know who I am.

Thank you @STORMS for keeping the forum alive! Too bad the official forum is no more.

Funny story, when I was trying to find the forum just now I searched for ā€œAFI forumā€ and got a bunch of other stuff. So I tried ā€œa fire inside forumā€ and one of the result pages was titled ā€œWhy Donā€™t Igloos Melt When Thereā€™s A Fire Inside?ā€ :laughing:

Jennifer

7 Likes

Welcome to the forums @VictoriousJenn :slight_smile: I was not part of the original foumsā€¦but hey! Weā€™re making this forums the new ā€œofficialā€ one :wink:

1 Like

Welcome @VictoriousJenn ! The rides away from AFI have definitely left an impact, but itā€™s life.

For me, all roads led back to AFI. :slight_smile:

2 Likes