"By the end of 2017, I want to start writing the next AFI record", Jade

Australian media outlet, “May The Rock Be With You” recently interviewed Jade Puget. He talks about heading to Australia (6 DAYS T GO!) for the last leg of The Blood Tour. He also talks about what it was like to produce the Blood Album as well as his plans for the remainder of the year. Jade has mentioned many times before that he writes and plays music every single day, so it comes with little surprise that he wants to begin writing the next AFI record towards the end of 2017.

Lastly let’s look ahead to the future, so finish this sentence for me, by the end of 2017 AFI wants to?
Have played to as many as our fans as possible, to have a successful touring cycle and I think we’ve kind of done that at this point, and maybe as a personal thing to start writing the next AFI record.

Continue reading interview here!

Credit: AFINewsHQ

1 Like

Okay, so if Jade said it, maybe I can have some hope that it won’t be almost half a decade until we get new music. LOL. Then again, it is Jade who admits that he’s never happy with songs, so…it might be half a decade before we get new music.

1 Like

Well, I doubt this process is new… at all. As much as it’s nice to hear them already talking about their next album, we’re looking at 3-4 years at least. Maybe we’ll get lucky though. After all… Black Sails was '99 and then AOD was '00, lol.

1 Like

Yeah, I feel the same way. sigh Whatever. I’m so stressed right now by real world nonsense that even if they announced a tour and album tomorrow, I would probably just be able to muster an apathetic “woo.”

But, here’s to hoping it’s less than 3-4 years.

1 Like

Well, I am sorry to hear about the other stress… I hope things get better for you.

I had off this whole week, so it was pretty stress-free for me. Back to work in 2 days!

And yeah, I’d be excited but I’m also ready for a financial break, LOL.

Thanks. It will get better temporarily in about three weeks. I’ll have a slight reprieve. And, damn, I envy that week off. You probably deserved it. I hope it was relaxing. :slight_smile:

“Last leg of the Blood tour”? Crazy that this will be the shortest album cycle for them. Didn’t even tour for a whole year.

1 Like

I know Hunter said he also wanted to start writing the next AFI record right off the tour. I can’t speak for Davey or Adam but it seems to me the band’s feeling very good about this album cycle, so maybe they should just do the next record while the good feeling is still fresh. Or even an EP, like All Hallows - a fun, stress-free burst of musical inspiration.

5 Likes

They’re due for an EP… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They have been due for an EP for a while. :wink:

1 Like

I feel like I saw them more, though. It’s a shorter tour cycle, but I feel like they blitzed the US.

1 Like