Defective Black Sails bundles

You have two options for eaching out about your bundles (missing items, defective items, etc) you can go to this link (from your official “shipment email”) and submit your inquiry.

Or… check out the below message from AFINewsHQ

Lots of people have defective or missing merch from this bundle, myself included. AFInewsHQ saw how many people were upset with their merch, so they’ve contacted the merch store and velvet hammer for us regarding this issue. Here’s what to do if you have defective/missing merch:

:rotating_light:MERCH UPDATE ROUND 2!:rotating_light:

If you have received merch that is defective in any way, please take a photo and email pics to contact@afinewshq.com.

Defective merch includes poor quality shirts, non-straight printing on the shirt, etc…

VH is on top of this and says “this is hugely unacceptable” and HQ and VH are working to fix this ASAP.”

Here’s my crooked/off-center shirt for an example of defective merch…

1 Like

What could AFINews possibly do to help here? They don’t run the merch store.

1 Like

they’re in communications with the merch store and with velvet hammer about the defective merch. They saw the number of people upset about their bundles and reached out to management

… then I wonder why the Shipment email has this link if you need help? I’m using this one for now.

https://shop.afireinside.net/contacts

Same. I’d rather send my own email that I can track a response to.

1 Like

I messaged someone from the News HQ before about store problems and they didn’t even have the decency to reply! Don’t waste your time with them!
I had an issue with my Missing Man EP Hoodie, it was backordered then out of stock etc. I was refunded but still thought it wasn’t on as it was something I wanted and was then randomly in stock later down the line!
I was probably even more angry at the time as each of the members of the News HQ were posting on social media pictures of their hoodies etc that they were given for free by AFI’s management group! All this at a time when many paying customers experienced problems.
I just sent the store a message directly saying that I still wasn’t happy. They then let me have it for half price and paid full postage to the UK.
Message the store directly, you’ll get a better outcome then News HQ.

1 Like

@Midnightrunner I edited your post slightly, FYI.

1 Like

I got a response from afinewshq within 30 min about my email regarding my black sails shirt, this is the first time I’ve interacted with them though

2 Likes

People can contact the store directly with problems, I just figured I’d post this option here since a lot of people are having issues with their bundles. I hope everyone gets issues resolved one way or another!

1 Like

Did you get good news then, I take it?

The response said “Thanks Rachel. I will include this in my chat with AFI’s camp this weekend, where we are working on various merch store issues that have arisen.“

So hopefully we’ll have some concrete answers by next week?

2 Likes

The response I got from submitting my form. Im happy with it.

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your email. We are so very sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

We have not forgotten about you or your order, however, we have been advised that inventory is still being checked in to our new warehouse.

We do not currently have an exact estimate as to when your order will ship.

Nevertheless, we have been advised that orders are in fact shipping out and that your order will be shipped as soon as possible.

We do understand how frustrating this is for you and we greatly appreciate your patience thus far.

If you decide that you would prefer to cancel your order, please let me know and I will take care of that for you.

If you would rather wait for your order to ship, you will receive a shipping confirmation email as soon as your order is processed.

Until you receive your shipping confirmation email, we will not have any further updates on the status of your order.

We again apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Sincerely,
Rebeca
AFI Store

2 Likes