Favorite Song off of BSITS?

My Fire Inside Podcast wants to know your favorite song off of Black Sails In The Sunset

ONLY CHOICE 1 PLEASE (we know it’ll be tough)

• Strength Through Wounding
  • Porphyria
  • Exsanguination
  • Malleus Maleficarum
  • Narrative of Soul Against Soul
  • Clover Smoke Catharsis
  • Lower It
  • The Prayer Position
  • No Poetic Device
  • The Last Kiss
  • Weathered Tone
  • At A Glance
  • God Called In Sick Today
  • Midnight Sun

0 voters

Was tough between Narrative and At a Glance. Both have beautiful lyrics.

1 Like

Anyone who listened to @MyFireInsidePod latest podcast would know my answer already. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was really hard to pick between Clove Smoke Catharsis and God Called in Sick Today…especially since they played both when I saw them in August…

2 Likes

6 votes, all for different songs. It’s really cool how diverse everyone’s choices are so far.

5 Likes

That is such a hard choice. I’d say Narrative of Soul Against Soul at this moment (it was my phone ringtone for the longest period of time).

3 Likes

Yeah, it was between Clove Smoke and God Called in Sick, but the latter was always so important to me, so I had to go with it.

2 Likes

Prayer Position, although this album has a lot of favs for me.

2 Likes

@MyFireInsidePod you should compare your total results to the same songs setlist.fm rankings.

1 Like

GCIST always and forever

2 Likes

I can’t believe I didn’t notice this earlier… @MyFireInsidePod the poll is missing “Who Knew?”. I’ll add it.

EDIT: N/M… I see you can’t due to the poll limit.

I was meaning to make a thread like this for a long time but never got around to it.

Boy this album has a ton of favorites for me. If I could narrow it down to three it would be Exsanguination, Narrative, and The Last Kiss.

I voted for Exsanguination here, and the main reason for that is the lyrics in the bridge and Davey’s vocal delivery of them are possibly my absolute favorite he has ever written, and that’s saying a lot. But damn, they are so powerful.

I love Narrative too. I can listen to that song over and over again for like an hour and not get tired of it. Love the vocals in the chorus, and Adam fucking kills, it almost makes me want to buy a drum kit just so I can learn to play it.

And I don’t give a fuck what anyone says - The Last Kiss is fucking boss and the fact that Davey straight up had the balls to write lyrics that explicit and not give a single fuck what anyone thinks about it is BAD ASS.

3 Likes

Your little blurb on The Last Kiss reminded me: This performance of it from the 2013 Troubadour show is so goddamn good. Show highlight. Was surprised when that song didn’t show up more on the Burials tour.

1 Like

I always loved Malleus Maleficarum

3 Likes

Malleus was the first song I ever heard from them. Great track.

3 Likes