Hello all my beautful ones!

Hi everybody, I’m Ally. :slightly_smiling_face: I can’t remember my old username (but I’m sure it was something ridiculous). I’m a long time AFI fan living in Sydney, Australia. I lived in Melbourne briefly also, but have been to AFI and Blaqk Audio gigs all over Australia and the US, so I met many wonderful DF members back in the day. I joined the Despair Faction in about 2005, and was most active between about 2006-2008.

I’ve really missed the friends I made when I was properly active in the community (I sort of drifted away for a while), and am looking forward to connecting/reconnecting with other AFI fans once again. I’m so glad these boards are back, whether official or not; we need a place to gather… :fire: :sparkles:

:heart:

2 Likes

And gather we shall…nice to meet you, Ally.

1 Like

Nice to meet you, too! :grinning:

I think I remember you from MySpace around that time. Correct me if I’m wrong. Short black hair. Full sleeve tattoo? All I remember was your MySpace name being Ally [DF]

1 Like

Hi! Yes, that was me. I was recently chatting to another Sam from the days of the old board/ Myspace. Small world! Are you the Sam from Tas? Or is my memory failing in my old age? :laughing:

I’m the Sam from Newcastle haha.

Not sure if you’re aware btw. But AFI shared your #AFI30 story on their Instagram!!

Oh hi! :smiley: Yes, I remember! (I think!) We chatted quite a bit at one point, didn’t we?

Cool! I saw it on their website, but I’m not on instagram and I haven’t looked at my facebook for a couple of days, so I’ll have to check that out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Haha we definitely had our fair share of chats!

I saw in the comments for the instagram post that there was a girl named Rachel looking for you. She said you stayed with her for a month or so on the US Blaqk Audio tour.

It’s lovely to talk to you again, I think I’m gonna get some sleep. 4am and I’ve got work in a couple of hours hahah.

Talk soon!!

Oh good, I definitely know I’m talking to the right person now!

Raeschel was looking me?! I did stay with her, she was so lovely!

It’s been great to talk to you, too. :slightly_smiling_face: