Misheard lyrics

First time I heard “Dumb Kids” I was convinced Davey was singing “Donkeys”.

Have you ever misheard lyrics over the years?

2 Likes

I didn’t do this but my friend on the first listen though it was dunkin’ donuts. Were we only playing like dunkin’ donuts. It was really funny.

2 Likes

Synesthesia… “Let me pee in the woods!”… when in fact it’s “Let me be all the words”… Oops.

4 Likes

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. That’s really funny.

1 Like

First time I listened to Death of the Party I had to check the insert because I heard, “My sister was my daughter. You heard!” I knew that couldn’t be right! :rofl:

One that was going around the Aus DF back on the official boards was “This is Myline, this is a turtle”. :laughing: I can’t remember who started that, but someone even had a cute plushy turtle he called Myline in honour of that misheard lyric!

3 Likes

These are all great :joy: any idea what song the Myline one was from?

1 Like

Yes, sorry, it’s from …But Home Is Nowhere: The correct lyric is “This is my line, this is eternal.”

2 Likes

I’m glad you mentioned that because it’s been on my mind. At first I thought it was from older stuff. How I could I possibly have not known it was from …but home is nowhere a song of which has inspired my own lyrics. It’s also one of my favorite choruses. This is my line this is eternal, how did I end up here, discarnate preternatural my prayers to disappear, absent of grace marked as infernal ungranted in dead time then left me disowned, to this nature so unnatural I remain alone

2 Likes

It’s a great song. One of my favourites as well.

1 Like

Here’s one that actually sounds cool too. So on the boy who destroyed the world the lyric goes “they said it hurt their eyes but he would never know” I thought it went “the sedatives arrived but he would never know” still sounds cool either way.

1 Like

“Avocados, up and leaving, I will come to play”

• TCD
1 Like

The first one that comes to mind for me is from “This Celluloid Dream”. The correct lyrics are: “On to the melting boy, and melt away.” For some reason when I was a kid I thought Davey was saying “On to the melting pot” :sweat_smile: I remember confirming that NOT being the lyric in the STS cd book, but to this day, and even earlier this month at the show, I can’t unhear it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Totally agree, a curse - so difficult to hear it the correct way after you have the wrong lyrics in your head :joy:

2 Likes