My Fire Inside Needs your help

We want to thank every one of you that went to RATTHAUS.NET. We heard a voice (get it) and it was beautiful. All are welcome to call (714) 684-1652 (US), email, or comment at anytime. We will also make sure to keep posting hear for awesome conversations with you guys.

With that being said, we need your help. If anyone has FB and is apart of AFI Fan pages, it would be appreciated if you shouted us out or talked about us on there. We’d love to reach more and more people and help connect all fans with each other through our show but we ourselves are not allowed to post info on the pages cause its considered “advertings.”

You guys are the best. No one has to this but it would mean the world to us.

PS: We’re now available on iTunes and Google Play

Through our bleeding, we are one
-MTR

4 Likes

Hey! I’ll tweet abut you and share stuff on Facebook, though none of my FB friends are AFI fans. :frowning:

1 Like

You’re welcome to post here about your podcast as much as you want. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just called in and left a message fyi.

Perhaps sometime I could join the podcast for an episode if you’d like. The message I left doesn’t really do justice, but I wanted to call before it was too late. :slight_smile:

@MyFireInsidePod thanks for having me on the show! It’s the first time I’ve ever been on an AFI podcast and damn, does time fly when you’re discussing something you love.

Was it also Patrick and Chris? Be sure to thank them as well. It was a pleasure! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was patrick and chris! The episode is up right now. I’ll make sure to tell them you said thanks :+1:

1 Like

Thanks again for having me on! It was SUPER fun and I’d love to come on again sometime. Time flies when you’re discussing AFI. :slight_smile:

BTW I’m looking to post the podcast up later today (kinda tomorrow).

1 Like

Just listened to the Wester episode. Out of curiosity, how old are the podcast guys? Did you not have the formative “hidden track” experiences with Nevermind, Broken, Dookie, and Smash a few years earlier than AFI? I feel like that was a very 90s thing.

Cool trivia worth mentioning: on the vinyl version of Black Sails, “Midnight Sun” is behind a lock runout groove, so you actually have to notice that there is another song and pick the needle up and move it there. It’s so hidden that it can’t be found by accident. Always thought that was neat.

EDIT: Davey sang Madonna’s “Like a Prayer” with H2O at the Warped date I saw in 2001.

3 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know that about Midnight Sun on the vinyl. Amazing fun fact.

1 Like

We are 28 to 38. We know about hidden tracks, we were just reminiscing about the good old days when that was still a thing! Thanks for listen though!

2 Likes

SICK. I only collect vinyl, I don’t listen to it so that is a sick fun fact… I didn’t know that. :slight_smile:

Also, at Warped I had no idea what song he came out to. I only knew I had a photo of Davey coming out on stage and I knew he was a guest. That’s neat though. Thanks.

Also @MyFireInsidePod a podcast subject discussion for possible future use, “What specific things do you look forward to with a new AFI record?”.

1 Like

We will go ahead and cover that this week!

1 Like

Yeah, me personally… I look forward to their intro (ever since SYMAOYE and especially BSITS), songs where Davey screams (White Offerings in Blood, etc) and a hidden track. :slight_smile:

Also, a possibly more important topic to discuss is the rarity and how many of us fans are pursuing the rare limited to 100 in-store version of the Dork repress and these reissues overall. Considering AFI’s statement regarding the represses. I think I can speak for many when I saw I feel guilty for buying these represses.

Just a thought @MyFireInsidePod

We’ll make sure to address the re-release of the Dork EP

1 Like

If you have room, I could possibly join you guys again this Sunday. I work until 5PM EST.

We’re recording Saturday night this time around! We’ll make sure to have room for you come January. :+1:

1 Like

Hey guys, I just want to tell you that I love the podcast. I’ve really enjoyed the episodes so far and am excited to see what you will come up with during the next couple of months. It’s really awesome to see that there are so many people that want to keep this little community alive and I appreciate it greatly. If you ever decide to invite fans to the podcast where we could share our AFI experiences, I’d love to share my thoughts as somebody who lives outside of the US and has been pretty removed from most of the interactive experiences that US folks have the luck to be a part of. It’s tough being an AFI fan when you live in South Eastern Europe, but it’s also very rewarding to be a part of the community.

3 Likes

@MyFireInsidePod it looks like the NEXT one may be quite full.

If we’re able to perhaps @PitchBlaqk and I can both attend the next recording. If not both, it should definitely be her.

EDIT: @PitchBlaqk THANK YOU for joining the forums as well. Welcome home. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the love! We appreciate the love! Go ahead and email us at contact@ratthaus.net and we’ll see what we can do!

2 Likes