Post every AFI show you have attended,venue,date,set

But Home Is Nowhere is my favorite AFI song of all time… Coin Return is a close second :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I also live in the UK so haven’t been able to see them quite as much as I would have liked. Here’s my list…

1. 20/01/2001 - Wembley Arena, London, England (Supporting Offspring)
  2. 08/05/2001 - Electric Ballroom, London, England
  3. 12/01/2002 - Astoria, London, England
  4. 07/02/2003 - Astoria, London, England
  5. 06/06/2003 - The Forum, London, England
  6. 07/05/2003 - Manchester Academy, Manchester, England
  7. 10/06/2003 - Barrowlands, Glasgow, Scotland
  8. 23/08/2003 - Reading Festival, England
  9. 24/08/2003 - Leeds Festival, England
  10. 25/05/2006 - Electric Ballroom, London, England
  11. 29/04/2007 - Give It A Name 2007, Earls Court Arena, London, England
  12. 30/08/2009 - Reading Festival, England
  13. 05/04/2010 - Nottingham Rock City, England
  14. 06/04/2010 - O2 Academy, Brixton, London, England
  15. 08/04/2010 - O2 ABC, Glasgow, Scotland
  16. 09/04/2010 - Manchester Academy, Manchester, England
  17. 11/04/2010 - O2 Academy Newcastle, England
  18. 12/04/2010 - O2 Academy, Birmingham, England
  19. 05/05/2017 - Alexandra Palace, London, England
  20. 10/06/2017 - Download Festival, Donnington Park, England
3 Likes

Yeah, they need to go to the UK more. I feel bad for you. Even I’ve seen them 6 times and I dropped out of the AFI (online) scene for years.

@Nick210 you might win second… the only person on here that has seen them more is @LordOfTheLeftHand I believe. I’m envious of BOTH of you. That is amazing.

1 Like

That April 2010 one is good. Two oldies, and “…but home” is a treat for sure. (I’ve never seen it.)

Wasn’t that the same Euro tour where they played My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down and some other weirdness too? That’s such a great curveball Ramones song for them to do.

:bow::bow: wow!
I’ve always wondered though if the excitement gets less if you follow a band for every date of their tour/many dates in a row?
I mean, to have seen AFI on the blood tour that might not have been the case, because they changed the set list so much but based on @thestranger, the April 2010 tour (I went to the Manchester date) seemed to have almost the same set each night. I knew I didn’t get …but Home is Nowhere though! :cry:
Set list below:

1. Medicate
  2. Girl’s Not Grey
  3. The Leaving Song Pt. II
  4. Cold Hands
  5. Kill Caustic
  6. End Transmission
  7. Perfect Fit
    (First time live since 2003 (allegedly according the setlist website!))
  8. Beautiful Thieves
  9. Dancing Through Sunday
  10. Too Shy to Scream
  11. Love Is a Many Splendored Thing
  12. Okay, I Feel Better Now
    13 Death of Seasons
  13. Miss Murder

Encore:
15) The Days of the Phoenix
16) Love Like Winter
17) Silver and Cold

1 Like

Wow, so you got to see But Home is Nowhere played live during the STS at the Barrowlands in Scotland!

1 Like

Okay, I’ve been to 4 AFI shows in two countries (I missed Burials entirely, mostly due to the fact that I spent about 3 years in a pretty deep depression and am still working my way out of it, and somehow it made Music not enjoyable)

STS Tour October 19th, 2003 The Paramount, Seattle

Miseries cantare
The lost souls
The days of the Phoenix
Bleed black
Ever and a day
Cruise control
This celluloid Dream
Morningstar
The leaving song part 2
This secret ninja
No poetic device
Solver & cold
Dancing through Sunday
Girls not grey
Totalimmortal
Encore:
Death of seasons
God called in sick today

DU Tour September 2nd, 2006 Bumbershoot
Prelude 12/21
Girls not grey
Leaving song part 2
Summer shudder
Kill caustic
Ever and a day
Endlessly, she said
Bleed black
Solver & cold
Dancing through Sunday
This time imperfect
Death of seasons
Love like winter
Totalimmortal
Encore:
God called in sick today
Miss Murder

CL Tour December 21, 2009 save on food memorial center, Victoria, BC (they co-headlined with Tegan & Sara and Hunter did double duty as bass player for them as well)
Torch Song
Girls not grey
The leaving song part 2
Veronica Sawyer Smokes
The Despair Factor
Kill caustic
My brain is hanging upside down (Ramona’s cover)
Beautiful Thieves
Dancing through Sunday
On the Arrow
Okay, I feel better now
Death of seasons
Medicare
Miss Murder
Too shy to scream
Encore:
Love like winter
Sliver & cold

And most recently
Blood Tour August 5th, 2017, showbox SODO, Seattle
Strength through wounding
Girls not grey
So beneath you
Aurelia
Clove Smoke Catharsis
The Despair factor
Never Let Me Down Again (Depeche Mode cover)
He who laughs last
Days of the Phoenix
Snow cats
I hope you suffer
Silver & Cold
Encore:
God called in sick today
Miss Murder

I lost my voice for 5 weeks after that last show and had to go to he ENT and get my vocal chords scoped…which is super fun. And then speech therapy. Totally worth it though!

Question: has anyone noticed that they tend to play certain songs in certain cities? I feel like in Seattle we get God Called in sick today in most encores…which I will never complain about because I love it. Anyone notice any kind of trend anywhere else?

Wow you got to see awesome sets!I loved death of fall tour in 03 I caught them twice and the sets were similar I didn’t get this celluloid dream though…youre so lucky!I miss them opening with Miseria that intro always had the crowd going nuts then going straight to lost souls! WHT a time it was to be 12 years old seeing that live!I’m going to post my set lists now.

1 Like

I was 16 for the 2003 show. I brought my 12 and 15 year old sisters and their 13 year old friend (who touched Davey’s hand and SWORE she would never wash her hand again…I’m thinking that was a lie). It was my first concert without parental supervision (because my mom and dad would NEVER take me to an AFI show…I did see Joan Baez two or three times by the age of 12 though).

1 Like

I was at shows 5, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18 and 19 from Nick’s list. I also went to Brixton Academy on 9th October 2006.

1 Like

Annoyingly was too young for the pre 2002 to get myself to places like London, and didn’t bother with shows like give it a name, because of the setlist I thought (and inevitably they did end up playing) they would play. I’m most gutted about not going to the London forum show in 06. Sold out stupidly quickly and then most tickets ended up on eBay for silly money. Basically I won’t give in to touts!

1 Like

So I’m the last man standing at a Christmas Eve gathering at my parents’ house and decided to do some digging in the old bedroom.

Some fun facts about these shows, in case you can’t read 'em:

-The prices on these tickets are 6.67+1.75, 9.99+2.50, and 20 bucks for a fest with a pretty loaded lineup. GodDAMN, stuff has gotten expensive in the past 15 years. Ha.

-The Nov. 2001 Krome show was originally supposed to happen September 23, but got rescheduled (along with most of the other fall 2001 dates) because AFI got stuck in Japan for a few days around 9/11. Also, American Nightmare was originally gonna play, which would have been fucking awesome. (I was lucky and got to see AN in Nov. 2001 anyway at a different show, just not with AFI.)

-Is Krazyfest 2002 the only time Nick 13 ever did A Single Second with AFI outside of California?

Happy winter holidays everyone.

4 Likes

Pretty sure it happened in the UK too

This beauty (good quality) was posted via Facebook. It’s from April 12, 98.

2 Likes

Cool find!

I’m watching the second half of this video now (with Bad Religion) and it is goddamn weird that Greg Graffin is younger than I am currently in it. I remember seeing BR that summer and thinking about how old they were. EDIT: Graffin getting screamed at at this soundcheck is hilarious. Worth watching even if you’re not into BR.

1 Like