Set list & Album recap from 07.15.17 AFI show w/ Circa Survive. The Fillmore Detroit, MI

AFI have just recently finished their set in Detroit, MI at the Fillmore Detroit. The set list has already been captured for AFI’s 2nd night back on tour after a brief break. This time, the songs go back as far as '96 with “He Who Laughs Last”! See below for an album recap. AFI continue to play 17 songs maximum in their set, usually with at least one encore. Tonight’s set is definitely one that I am jealous of those who attended!

Credit: AFireInside.net

Credit: https://twitter.com/vagfor666/status/886432216091414528

Sing the Sorrow continues to be the power source of the set lists @ 5 songs
Blood Album x 2
Art of Drowning x 3
Crash Love x 1
Black Sails in the Sunset x 1
Burials x 2
Very Proud of Ya x 1
Decemberunderground x 2

1. Miseria Cantare (Sing the Sorrow)
  2. Girls Not Grey (Sing the Sorrow)
  3. Aurelia (Blood Album)
  4. So Beneath You (Blood Album)
  5. Lost Souls (Art of Drowning)
  6. End Transmission (Crash Love)
  7. Clove Smoke Catharsis (Black Sails in the Sunset)
  8. Anxious (Burials)
  9. Paper Airplanes (Sing the Sorrow)
  10. He Who Laughs Last (Very Proud of Ya)
  11. I Hope You Suffer (Burials)
  12. Silver and Cold (Sing the Sorrow)
  13. Love Like Winter (Decemberunderground)
  14. Days of the Phoenix (Art of Drowning)
  15. Miss Murder (Decemberundergound)
  16. Morningstar (Art of Drowning)
  17. This Celluloid Dream (Sing the Sorrow)

https://twitter.com/TMcCart891/status/886447951337402368

2 Likes

I was at this concert! I literally just got home from it. It was my first time going to a show alone and also my first time on the floor rather than going up to the balcony. I got pushed around and crowd surfed into, but I still had a blast! This will definitely be a night I’ll remember.

1 Like

btw my next show goal is to get the duct-taped set list and get it signed by the whole band, then framed.

My other set list will be done (being framed) on Tuesday… :smiley:

1 Like

AWESOME!!! :smiley:

My last show seeing AFI was at the Starland Ballroom in June. My wife wanted to get up close so we were in perfect range, meaning we were in far enough to where we’d potentially be holding Davey up during I Hope You Suffer. We were 5 deep and in the center. :slight_smile:

When Davey entered the crowd during Totalimmortal, I seriously thought about 20 of us were going to hit the floor… LOL but we didn’t. All while I was recording… :slight_smile:

I’m glad you had a good time!! I’m jealous… if only I had the money and time to fly, I’d go to one more show in the states. I just hope they don’t stop touring after Australia. :frowning:

1 Like

I got close to Davey during I Hope You Suffer, but not quite close enough to help hold him up. I don’t think I was prepared for how intense the crowd was going to be, so I end up getting pushed around all over the place. I started about 5 deep in the center like you, then about 7 deep stage left, as finally about 2 deep stage right near the end. I got all possible views!

I had a scare during the beginning of the set where my glasses fell off, but I found them and kept them in my hands for the rest of the show. It’s a good thing my eyesight isn’t that bad, I could still see everything just fine.

I almost got a set list when they were being handed out, but the girl next to me had longer arms and got it instead. By the way, do you know if Anxious has been played any other times besides tonight and when they first played it Cleveland last month? I was at that show, too, and I think it would be funny if I was there for every show it’s been played at :grin:

1 Like

I’m glad you were able to find your glasses! I know, it gets kinda scary with how tight the crowd gets… it’s funny how you have room for NOTHING… LOL.

Also, no, @_tonibell had the pleasure of seeing “Anxious” live in Portland, Maine. See below - there were only two shows in between the Ohio shows; Portland, Maine and Montebello.

https://www.weareafi.com/t/afi-in-portland-maine-6-22-17/65

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know! I’m glad Anxious is getting played more, I always liked that song but hearing it live gave me a new appreciation for it.

2 Likes

I still want to see The Torch Song played… I know I’m late with Crash Love songs, but I love that song.

Your set for tonight was very awesome though. I’ll be looking for YouTube videos soon. :slight_smile:

I saw lots of people recording, so I’m sure they’ll turn up soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhhh! This set list is AMAZING! I haven’t heard Miseria Cantare since I was 13. So jealous.

Those crowds do get a bit intense. NYC shows are usually a bit of a war in the pit.

But this setlist must have been amazing to experience.