Should probably do this now

Before I get to deep into this thing this bears mentioning. For the last 11.5 years I’ve been in prison. I was a heavy drinker and lacked coping skills for emotional problems. That’s not a cop out I take full responsibility for my actions. I almost killed my friend over words while drunk. I am ashamed of this and will feel this regardless. I say all this now because things come out of the woodwork with time and I’d rather have done with it before relationships are formed. I don’t drink anymore, I don’t do any drugs, and I don’t smoke tobacco as well. I’ve done the things I needed to do to figure out what led me to that point and if faced with it ever again how to prevent it, the last thing I want to do is hurt someone I care about again. Honesty is the basis for all relationships and i felt like this was an important thing. I feel that it is better to tell you my self than to have be found out.
So before I comment on anyone elses posts I need to know if I am accepted for who am now and not my past. I will respect either choice and if need be will leave this community. Sorry if this is a heavy subject but alot of personal subjects are shared here and I would feel remiss if I continued posting without people knowing. Honestly, no one probably would have found out but I would know and that’s enough of a reason to bring it to light. Honesty is the basis for all relationships, as I mentioned before. Much love and respect to everyone here.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for feeling like you could share this with us. I am by no means qualified to speak for everyone, but I have always felt the Despair Faction to be a very accepting and warm group of people. Of course you are welcome here. Always.

3 Likes

Sincerely, thank you. It means alot to hear that, hopefully everyone else feels the same way and understands the reasoning for bringing it up. I know I probably didn’t have to say anything but I take community seriously especially this one.

1 Like

It is my hope and my belief that everyone will recognise and appreciate your honesty and genuine feelings.

1 Like

I’m right there with you I went to prison for a year and a half due to attempted arson. Now I’m more aware of what my thought processes are and know when to stay safe

3 Likes

Thank you it’s good to feel not alone

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear you’re doing better now. This is a safe community, where I think we should all be comfortable talking to each other about anything and everything.