So, when do you expect a new album?

I don’t use any social media sites, so I don’t know if any of the guys have talked about it recently. With the Missing Man EP and the new Blaqk Audio released this year, it’ll probably be awhile, but next year doesn’t seem out of the question.

Also, what do you think it’ll be like? I thought the last EP was mostly great and would enjoy a continuation of that style and level of quality.

1 Like

Wasn’t Jade saying that this year they will be working on a new AFI album? And yeah…I know Jade can be pretty entusiastic…but…I have a nice feeling :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Considering this upcoming tour was pretty random as its not in promotion of a release, I was expecting an announcement for EP or album before it started.

1 Like

Jade has said on social media multiple times this year that he’s currently working on songs for a new afi record, so I’m hoping for 2020 :star_struck:

4 Likes

Also I think I like the MM EP more than I like blood… there’s a lot of experimental stuff in MM, it’s kinda moody and dark, but there are also many elements that bring them back to their punk roots. Overall I think the ep is beautifully crafted and I’m excited to see what comes next!

1 Like

For sure. The EP definitely has me feeling optimistic about their next full length.

1 Like

Yep :smiley: 2019 working on a new album…2020 new album released :wink:

1 Like

Given their recent tendency to release stuff in fall/winter my most optimistic guess is at the earliest January 2020

2 Likes

I was hoping for this year, but I have a feeling it’ll be late next year at least

1 Like

A continuation from The Missing Man will be welcomed. I’m always hoping for screaming Davey to return but I know those days are over. I thought I’d miss that from the Missing Man, but I loved it equally.

6 Likes

I feel the same way. I was actually so in love with screaming Davey, simply because it showed how much range he had vocally. I actually stopped listening to AFI for a time and missed out on a different beauty because of my thick-headedness at the time and age.

3 Likes