Quite resembling mine

There’s a missing man
Easy to find (Easy to)
There’s a dying man
Easy to find, with eyes like mine

SOURCE:
https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/afi/breakangels.html

5 Likes

Also, dare I say that Break Angels has a touch of “Maria and the Diamonds” in Davey’s voice? … I am not complaining. I love it.

1 Like

I’ve listened to the EP at least 10 times now. Amazing lyrics, as always. However, in “Break Angels”, I’m pretty sure during the chorus he says, “Over time, pretty rhymes break angels”. Though, every lyrics site that I’ve seen says “pretty lies”. But if you listen to it closely, the difference is pretty clear. There are probably also other parts that whoever wrote those got wrong. Just saying, because it’s been bothering me what the correct lyrics might be. AFI songs deserve to be represented correctly.

According to the lyric video you are right! It is ‘pretty rhymes’ not ‘pretty lies’ good catch!

Haha the lyrics are so wrong. It really amazes me how even people whose native language is English have trouble understanding what Davey sings

2 Likes

Alright so after reading the official lyrics it’s safe to say that the lyrics posted on the OP are hysterically hilarious

3 Likes

Okay, so here are the lyrics from the lyric sheet:

Trash Bat

Pulp in the slick and you’re all I take to bed to read with me Pulp in the slick and you’re all I take to bed to … Once more with a smile, broken teeth and bloody eyes in my mean light, my trash bat. Once more with a smile, broken teeth and empty eyes in my mean light, my trash bat. Flies or the flames wear no halo round my head oh blessed be. Keep it clean for the camera

Break Angels

I’m the young father of every great fall. Don’t let them catch you in my sight. Who’s seen my father sees nothing at all. I saw my father. He’s blinding. Over time pretty rhymes break angels. Oh. No holy night no end of days. I fed the light. The light you ate. Not a holy night. No end of days. You are the light. I am the way. I’m the young father of every great fall. Don’t let them catch you in my sight. Don’t say my father took any cheap fall. In me my father is still fighting. Over time pretty rhymes break angels. Oh can you perfectly recite so I may hear those pretty lines break angels?

Back Into the Sun

None of them, some of us, heard what you sang with the dust in your lungs. And we hushed so you might name each of us who respond to calls from fraying wires. Oh I must return, all has undone. Oh, I must return. Now, back into the sun. Overnight. Thinly strained. whisper and trade stolen names. Mispronounced each of us, screaming with pride and I hush because who responds to charm much anymore?

Get Dark

I am not the father. I am not the son. I’m only a maker of useless things undone. I am not of mother earth nor morning son. I’m only a maker of useless things undone. Here’s one: Who do you think you are? Do you think you can get dark? I gave you faith and devotion, I gave you stranger days, you said you’d love me anyway. You gave back the emotion on the blank exchange. You said my love is like your faith. Tell me who you think I am. Tell me do you think I can get dark? Tell me do you think I am? Tell me do you think I can get dark?

The Missing Man

Once wanted, wailing we wept high as the sky and the sky… beloved, weeping I gazed high and the sky…cried back. There’s a missing man, easy to find, with eyes like mine. Unwanted, orphaned tears like mine raised the tide. Once wishing, wistful. I sang high. Raised the tide 'til the seas mouth dried. There’s a missing man, easy to find, with eyes like mine. Something about his shouts, something about his cries, something about his eyes quite resembles mine. There’s a dying man, easy to find, with eyes like mine

Please pardon any punctuation mistakes, if you have the record you know the black on dark gray makes it really hard to discern the punctuation. Also pardon any typos :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow, thank you so much for going through the hassle of typing them out!!

1 Like

You’re welcome! I usually write them out anyway to help myself memorize them, so it wasn’t that much of a hassle. Trying to read the punctuation though…tough on the black on dark gray!