The first 20 songs

So I was curious about all the different music we as AFI fans like (despite the obvious) and I believe we’re all pretty diverse in our musical taste. This is a game I play on another forum when I feel like amusing myself. Shuffle your ipod and list the first 20 songs that come up, and no skipping! Even if it’s embarrassing. That’s part of the fun.

I’ll go first:

Social Distortion - Moral Threat

Die Toten Hosen - Pushed Again

Katatonia - Scarlet Heavens

Paradise Lost - Another Desire

Suicidal Tendencies - Trip At The Brain

Annihilator - Sounds Good To Me

Mercyful Fate - A Dangerous Meeting

Dissection - Where Dead Angels Lie

Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer

Iggy Pop - The Passenger

The Clash - Know Your Rights

Skid Row - 18 And Life

The Sisters Of Mercy - Black Planet

Misfits - Descending Angel

AFI - A Story At Three

Dark Funeral - Unchain My Soul

Satyricon - Mother North

Death - Voice Of The Soul

Queensryche - The Lady Wore Black

Circle Jerks - World Up My Ass

Haha and I linked all of the songs because I’m bored out of my mind and can’t sleep. I love sharing music with people. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sweet - No You Don’t
Ramones - Ramona
F-Minus - I.H.G.I.
Hot Snakes - Hair and DNA
Rancid - Radio Havana
Iron Maiden - Can I Play With Madness
Jawbreaker - Condition Oakland
Dicks - Dicks Hate the Police
The Replacements - Unsatisfied
Link 80 - Pretty Girls
The Repos - Hearts and Heads Explode
Descendents - Wendy [Liveage version]
Smashing Pumpkins - Luna
Lard - Forkboy
The Blood - Sucker
Rasputina - A Quitter
Lemonheads - Rudderless
Rocket From the Crypt - Drop Out
AFI - Three Seconds Notice
Pussy Galore - Eat Me

…almost got through 20 with no AFI songs.

2 Likes

I couldn’t fit all 20 in one screenshot
So here ya go!:heart:

2 Likes

I think we can all agree that AFI has a monopoly on our playlists so it’s impossible for them to NOT show up. :joy:

2 Likes

I would do this but I don’t have an iPod anymore. I just listen to everything on Spotify. This is making me miss it.

1 Like

I don’t use Apple Music on my IPhone…and I don’t have an IPod anymore…but I do use is Amazon Music…although it’s shared with my family (Mostly because of Alexa)…so on the Off-Line of Amazon Music the only music I have is all AFI albums :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I still have my ipod, i just don’t use it anymore :persevere::persevere:
My husband got me into using spotify, almost a little sad how things change. I will say though, that my music taste is seriously all over the place lol

This really blows my mind. Is spotify really that big now? I was under the impression people still downloaded music to their phone, and I only just started doing that a few years ago. I still have a bunch of CDs in my car. I remember when CDs were relatively new and cassettes were more widely available. I really miss when everything wasn’t digital. It’s more convenient but something has been lost in the experience.

2 Likes

I would say up until…2 years ago, i was still using my ipod for music. I would get a lot of crap from people surprised that i wasn’t putting music on my phone. My husband does most of the driving when we go out, and he’s always on spotify so i just switched. My poor ipod is sitting in a drawer, i wanna gift it to my son when he’s old enough…will it be a relic to him by then? I have a stack of cd’s and just recently we traded in my car and i did not notice until driving off the lot, it does not have a cd player! I screamed! But it has a fricken sd card slot!!! I’m with you…i miss how things used to be. I’m only in my mid 20s but I’m definitely old school. I love what technology has allowed us to do…but I’m torn about everything being digital. It does take away from the experience. Of getting a cd, tearing the obnoxious sticker to get it open, reading the booklet, popping in the cd. I do miss it

3 Likes

I had an iPod it was a Nano though
I lost it for like 3 years then found it again.
I’m pretty sure I lost it again that same day…
I wasn’t really around yet for when everyone still used CD’s I grew up and am growing up in ‘The Digital Era’ I still always want CD’s but my parents ALWAYS FREAKING SAY “Just get it on your phone” which yes, is very convenient, BUT I feel so much more, connected with CD’s, it feels like I’m in the music, if that makes sense

Yeah…with everything being digital now, the listener loses the tangible. CDs felt more complete, you had something to hold in your hands and art and lyrics to look at while you listen. It was just different. I think back then, more people spent more time with music. Like actually sat down and listened without doing anything else. Now it seems no one really listens to music with that type of focus anymore, they’re only listening when they’re doing something else, so the focus is elsewhere. I mean I have music playing just about all the time, but I also listen to music when I’m not doing anything else, and certain albums I only listen to when I can devote all my attention to them.

2 Likes

I agree that the tangible experience has mostly been lost but I haven’t used an iPod in years. Spotify is an excellent service; I love being able to add/remove anything I want at any time and being able to easily discover new music. When I feel like I want a physical copy of my favorite albums I seek out a vinyl for it.

2 Likes

The Damned : New ROse
The Birthday Party : Several Sins
Christian Death: Cavity
AFI : A Single Second
November Wolves: Tombs
Nothing But Thieves: Trip Switch
HIM : Heartbreaker
Faith and th Muse: Caesura
London After Midnight: Your Best nightmare
Love and Rockets: Set Me Free
Lamb of God: 512