[VIDEO] AFI Set List & Album breakdown for 07.22.17, Kansas City, MO including live premiere of "Get Hurt" from Blood Album

AFI hit their second Missouri date last night in Kansas City. They’ve only 9 more US dates on their Blood Tour before they leave for their Australian part of the tour. Last night’s back was on to 17 songs as opposed to the previous night when they only played 14 songs. They also premiered “Get Hurt” from the Blood Album last night! See bottom for “Get Hurt” footage!

Davey actually spoke about their live performance of this song in a Podcast months back. You can check that out here.

Photo Credit: richlkatie

4 x songs played - Sing the Sorrow
2 x songs played - Decemberunderground
4 x songs played - Blood Album
2 x songs played - Burials
1 s songs played - Black Sails in the Sunset
1 x songs played - Crash Love
2 x songs played - Art of Drowning
1 x songs played - Very Proud of Ya

Album breakdown…

1. Girl’s Not Grey (Sing the Sorrow)
  2. Love Like Winter (Decemberunderground)
  3. So Beneath You (Blood Album
  4. 17 Crimes (Burials)
  5. Malleus Maleficarum (Black Sails in the Sunset)
  6. End Transmission (Crash Love)
  7. Get Hurt (Blood Album - LIVE PREMIERE)
  8. Lost Souls (Art of Drowning)
  9. Leaving Song I (Sing the Sorrow)
  10. He Who Laughs Last (Very Proud of Ya)
  11. Feed From the Floor (Blood Album)
  12. Dasy of the Phoenix (Art of Drowning)
  13. I Hope You Suffer (Burials)
  14. Snow Cats (Blood Album)
  15. Miss Murder (Decemberunderground)
  16. Paper Airplanes (Sing the Sorrow)
  17. Silver and Cold (Sing the Sorrow)

Set list credit: AFireInside.net/AFINewsHQ

Thanks to Legosrock9, here’s a one minute clip of “Get Hurt” being premiered!

FULL VERSION BELOW:

Amazing setlist. Glad to see them back to 17 songs. And so jealous they got to hear “Get Hurt.” It looks amazing live.

1 Like

Weird that they didn’t play This Celluloid Dream

1 Like

They’ve been playing Celluloid Dream for the past four shows straight, so I guess it was time to switch it up. The 14th got it, then the 15th didn’t.

They’ve been doing a pretty good job changing up the set lists (which Jade creates).

1 Like

Haha, I forgot Jade makes the setlists.

I love that “Feed From the Floor” is on there. I saw it in Providence live, and it was incredible, a total revelation.

Hey, I’m new here.

This show was so much fun despite some technical difficulties. It was also my first time at the Midland, and while it looked beautiful, I wasn’t too impressed with it as a concert venue.

This was my counts fingers and toes 13th time seeing AFI (80% confidence) and last concert in the KC area before moving to Washington state.

2 Likes

Damn, 13th time? Awesome! And welcome to the boards! Thanks for telling us about the show. :slight_smile: I have to live vicariously through you guys. Our East Coast run is done :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Welcome!

Their Sayreville show was my 6th time. How long did the tech issues last? Did they cut into any songs?

@_tonibell @staySICK @Catchingahotone

Updated w/ full version of “Get Hurt”

1 Like

IT’S SO GOOD LIVE. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Yeah early in the set they lost all audio for about 15-30 seconds but they recovered quickly, then later they had to do something about the stage and Davey had an “acapella session.”

The first time I saw them was in 99, at a small club in Lawrence, KS (rock chalk) with a stage that wasn’t even knee high and no barricade. Getting smashed up against the stage and being literally face to face with Davey, Jade, and Hunter is the best experience. I saw them I think four times at that venue alone, then numerous Warped Tours and a theater similar to the Midland also in downtown KC multiple times.

2 Likes

Warped 01 was my first time seeing them. The last show at Sayreville was the best. My February experience rekindled everything AFI in me. Prior to the February show it had been years since I saw them.

Davey never crowd walked during the earlier shows that I was at.

1 Like