[VIDEO] AFI Set List from Atlanta, GA 07/18/17 feat. 37mm played for the first time, Many videos inside!

Last night AFI struck the East Coast once more in Atlanta, GA. They played many hits, both newer and older including a special surprise. Much like Ohio’s House of Blues got the debut of two new songs (meaning, never played live before), Georgia got the similar treatment with a Decemberunderground song, “37mm”. Sing the Sorrow remains the dominant album being played, with Decemberunderground not far behind; allow me to explain:

1. Strength Through Wounding (Black Sails in the Sunset)
  2. This Celluloid Dream (Sing the Sorrow)
  3. So Beneath You (Blood Album)
  4. Girl’s Not Grey (Sing the Sorrow)
  5. Anxious (Burials)
  6. 37mm (Decemberunderground)
  7. Wester (Art of Drowning)
  8. Killing Lights (Decemberunderground)
  9. 6 to 8 (Art of Drowning)
  10. Love Like Winter (Decemberunderground)
  11. Snow Cats (Blood Album)
  12. Days of the Phoenix (Art of Drowning)
  13. I Hope You Suffer (Burials)
  14. Silver and Cold (Sing the Sorrow)
  15. Miss Murder (Decemberunderground)
  16. The Leaving Song 1 (Sing the Sorrow)
  17. Paper Airplanes (Sing the Sorrow)

x 1 song played - Black Sails in the Sunset
x 5 songs played - Sing the Sorrow
x 2 songs played - Blood Album
x 2 songs played - Burials
x 4 songs played - Decemberunderground
x 3 songs played - Art of Drowning

@_tonibell @BrandonsNotGrey @Vanished

In addition to the fun facts, YouTube user mrshamoozoo recorded several of AFI’s songs including 37mm in great quality. Check them out below. I even put them in order of how they were played. Enjoy! :slight_smile:

37mm, below (PLAYED LIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME)

Credit: Setlist https://twitter.com/AFINewsHQ/status/887514100359725056?s=09

SUCH a good set list. I’ve been dying to hear 37mm live. And the Leaving Song I is on there. So amazing.

1 Like

I meant to properly update this morning but I didn’t have time before work. I’m aiming to update it later today after work.

I’m also hoping to track down some first -timers and get them to post on here about their experience.

1 Like

@_tonibell @BrandonsNotGrey updated. :slight_smile:

Sorry… finally.

1 Like

There was no way I could have gone to this show, but I’m happy for those who were there! An organic version of 37mm followed up by Wester would have blown my mind.

I just watched the 37MM vid in the records room in a library in Philly (the librarians already hate me because I’m forcing them to keep it open until 8 tonight) and just cried a bit; that song means so much to me. Now my research partner thinks I’m insane, and the librarian wants to shoot me, but it’s all good. So glad people got to experience that live. It looks like it was nothing short of transcendent. Damn. What a beautiful song.

1 Like

You are doing God’s work, sir; don’t feel obligated to go insane trying to find updates all the time (though this is amazing).

1 Like

All I’ll say is that I’m going to do my best to keep updating. I also feel bad that I was away from the online scene for so long… call it my “some kind of redemption”.

It’s also what my upcoming project surrounds. It’s the thing I teased about before… I think I’m going to call it, “I Am AFI”.

Thank you though. :slight_smile: I just wish more people already knew about this forum. We have been getting new people to sign up to help keep things active. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, if you ever need any help, lmk. I’ve been telling people about the forums. I’m actually going to mention it on my tumblr later. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ve been my biggest supporter yet and I appreciate everything you’ve been doing, so Thank You. :slight_smile:

If you’d be interested, I could make you a staff member. I’m still learning this forum software myself, but it would allow moderation controls, etc. Not that there’s anything to moderate yet anyway. I’ve recently made a DREAMCAR category, which I;m sure you’ve noticed. So it’s also little things like that to keep the discussion as organized as possible.

Just let me know and again, Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I would love to be part of staff. I can probably figure out the software/controls. :slight_smile:

1 Like

UGH. I’m in the middle of moving and couldn’t make the show, and this happens? If they played Miseria Cantare, too, I would’ve been so pissed haha.

2 Likes

I’m half stoked for everyone seeing these shows and half insanely jealous, so I feel your pain.

2 Likes

Yeah, I gotta say… I was anxiously waiting and searching on twitter late last night for the set list.

Does anyone know if AFINewsHQ has special access to set lists or do followers just send them photos?

1 Like

Fun fact- This venue had fast pass that no one knew about, on top of the VIP for Circa…THEN it rained on us 15 minutes before doors, and the venue had their air conditioning on full blast. While being rained on, the venue staff just looked at us. So we went in there and froze. I didn’t warm up until we went outside to wait on the band. I’m honestly surprised I didn’t get super sick…Because I get sick with the wind blowing so there’s that.

Most the time, HQ will have someone send it to them. For the Nashville set list, I’m pretty sure that’s actually Caleb’s set list(looks like his hands tbh), but the little bit of battery we all had left was to be able to contact each other if we got separated.

HQ also keeps an eye on social media I’m sure. I really don’t know how they do it, but I do know they’re connected with most fans. If not through the official HQ site, I know the members are personally friends with some people. Including both Caleb and myself. =]

1 Like

Gotcha… I know I’m years behind. With their following and reputation, I’m not at all surprised… only envious.

Whomever I get news or details from, I always credit them.

Yea, I can understand that. I’ve been lucky to become friends with two of them, and I absolutely love them. We had a LOT of fun during Burials tour at the KY show. =] They’re pretty cool people if you actually get to know them.

I tagged them and you in my setlist photo, if I recall, which is how I think they got it.

I would have murdered someone. And great, remember to thank Circa for doing that VIP nonsense. sigh I’m sorry that happened to you.

I know at the Portland show the venue gave everyone who was online early wristbands for early entry, which was nice.