What now? (in this quite time)

What do you do in this time where AFI kinda goes silent for a while?

Start looking on ebay more?

Listen to AFI more (that possible?)

Create AFI art?

Reorganized your collection?

I repay the debt accumulated from AFI being active again.

4 Likes

I haven’t really paid much attention to when they’re active/not active for the last several years. I usually check their website or whatever every few months to see if there’s anything new, and whenever they drop a new album I listen to it, but in general my continued interest and adoration of the band is pretty constant and randomly cyclical. Sometimes I won’t go for weeks or a month of two without listening to them, and other times, like lately, I play their albums on constant repeat, look at collecting more stuff, watching bootlegs, etc. Sometimes I just feel like listening to something else - not that AFI ever gets old to me, but sometimes I’m just more in the mood for metal or whatever.

2 Likes

Wait for them to put out the next one.
Seriously though, I’ve got a few other bands that I’m following - many are local. I’ll still be listening to AFI and I could talk about that music for a long time. But I’m excited to see what other bands are doing.
I just hope that good feeling the band felt earlier this year isn’t over yet that they can’t make another record while on a high.
Incidentally, I’ve noticed that Bjork season tends to be out of phase with AFI season.

1 Like