AFI Live! Favourite Videos

So I haven’t seen anything like this yet, but I thought it would be fun to post our favourite videos of AFI performing live. They don’t have to be videos you shot yourself, as long as they aren’t private or under copyright. I love this one of Morning Star live at the Troubadour. It is missing the beginning, unfortunately, but it’s still got such a great feel to it.

2 Likes

This is probably just a link but it is well worth it. The energy here is nuts. My respect to those who did not break the miseria cantare.

2 Likes

Oh cool it is the video

This isn’t the best quality but it was the first time I saw AFI, as well as the first gig I ever went to in London. Still one of my all time top gigs nearly 20 years and hundreds of live shows and festivals later.

4 Likes

I was at this one too! I still have the hoodie my Dad bought me when he popped out for a smoke :smiley:

Such an awesome night! I’ve always regretted not getting one of the hoodies from that show, I don’t think I’ve ever seen one being sold anywhere since. Was that the one with the red and white logo?

A couple of slightly dodgy tablet photos of my hoodie. It used to be blacker, but has joined the rest of my “black band merch” shelf by turning greyish. :smiley:

1 Like

Oh that one is awesome, I used to have that T shirt but with a blue crow instead of red, think I lost it in a house move at some point though. I was thinking of this logo but red instead of blue - maybe I’ve imagined it as I’ve never seen it again!

AFI-AFI-Form-Cut-Logo-Sticker

1 Like

IMO the most amazing live video of AFI… and I could have been there! My wife and I were at another show that night… this gives me goosebumps EVERY TIME…

3 Likes

@STORMS, wow… just… WOW! That was mental! Davey is such a legend!

@darlingiwantto, I haven’t watched the whole video yet, but this show must have been brilliant! I haven’t seen Sacrifice Theory live before. :metal: Awesome.

So this one’s from the Brisbane show in 2006, on the Decemberunderground tour. The quality isn’t great, but wow… These were the first AFI shows I went to, and this was the last show on that tour. When it was over I couldn’t stop crying! :broken_heart:

3 Likes

That’s absolutely insane Davey Havok is a savage.

This isn’t afi but it is a testament to Davey Havoks devotion to the hardcore straightedge scene absolute chaos. They were doing flips on top of Davey, lucky.

2 Likes

this is also one of my favorite videos. At least 200 of the 49,000 views are from me :grin:

I’ve watched it so many times that I actually have several thoughts…

1. Baltimore is awesome
  2. I legitimately did not think Davey was going to make it out the first time I saw the video. The fact that he does just emphasizes how amazing he is and the crowd is
  3. He does a perfectly timed somersault over the crowd with his feet landing exactly at the barrier. I do not know how this is possible. It blows my mind every time I watch it
1 Like

This is a great topic. Lately one of my main hobbies is watching AFI videos on YouTube.
Exhibit A. Haha

I would have to say over the past week my favorite video has been synesthesia that they played in San Diego.

4 Likes

Ive also watched this one a bunch of times over the last few days

1 Like

Yes! I feel like one reason I watch this video a lot is because I don’t have the song available to me in any other medium because I don’t have an album with this version on it and it is not on Spotify.

… Also it is just awesome because the whole crowd is singing along

1 Like

@Robotkitty, I love that song, but this entire time I thought it was Synthesthesia - I assumed the misspelling was an intentional pun. :scream_cat: Oh dear…

This is also terrible quality, so I’ve added another one that makes for better viewing. The first video is from the secret show I was lucky enough to get to in 2007 at the Troubadour. They played Brownie Bottom Sundae and no one knew what was going on! I got the feeling they’d only just brought it back out again, because everyone was really surprised to hear it.

Yes, I can appreciate the irony in my posting a video that starts with Davey thanking everyone for the lack of cameras. :sweat_smile: …hm…

That had terrible audio, so here’s AFI playing Brownie Bottom Sundae live at Rockin Rex, NY, July 1995. I was NOT at this one! :laughing:

4 Likes

Here’s one that I recorded… we were SOOOOOOO CLOSE to having Davey RIGHT BY US! But people would not let Davey on the ground… GAH!!!

Someone grabbed Davey inappropriately in this video though, right around the time that he was over our heads… that was the bad part. :frowning:

3 Likes

Apparently this is just something he does for a living lol :laughing: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

I loved Silver and Cold