AFI Set List, Portland, ME #MourninginAmerika 07.29.18

AFI’s 2nd official stop on the Mourning in Amerika tour has concluded! The 11-song set featured songs from 2000’s Art of Drowning through 2017’s Blood Album with the exception of no Burials tracks, which is rare not to have “I Hope You Suffer”. Regardless, this was a very powerful 11-song set!

1. This Celluloid Dream (Sing the Sorrow)
  2. End Transmission (Crash Love)
  3. Girl’s Not Grey (Sing the Sorrow)
  4. Veronica Sawyer Smokes (Crash Love)
  5. Days of the Phoenix (Art of Drowning)
  6. Ever and a Day (Art of Drowning)
  7. Bleed Black (Sing the Sorrow)
  8. Beautiful Thieves (Crash Love)
  9. Paper Airplanes (Sing the Sorrow)
  10. Snow Cats (Blood Album)
  11. Miss Murder (Decemberunderground)

Set list credit: @Cher_I_Despair via Facebook

3 Likes

I know they are supporting, but I honestly was expecting 13-14 song set.

1 Like

I was expecting 7-9 songs, so 11 is awesome! Hopefully we see some more of Burials in there!

1 Like

I don’t even care… I’m seeing AFI and I was deprived for years so I am hungry.

It’s obviously not as exciting as knowing there may be an insanely awesome encore, but every time I see AFI… well, those icons I made speak for themselves. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My pink nails​:joy::joy::joy::joy: the photographer captured me and davings screaming/singing bleed black while holding hands didnt expect it I took no photo or video tonight

5 Likes

That’s amazing!! I am so stoked for you right now!

Well, I’m spending 3 months worth of salary for the trip so I would have liked 3 more songs haha.

@Cher_I_Despair, did they come out to meet fans after the show?

1 Like

Hunter came before the show and talked to us and after Adam did which he really didnt have to case the dude is so damn sick and cant even speak but still talked to us anyways me and my group gave him a half dozen vegan doughnuts​:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I was over to the left side but Davey knelt and sang “no one suspects…” right to me during Beautiful Thieves. :heart:️ Fantastic show.

5 Likes

Thank you for the info. Did Adam come after the AFI set, or after the Rise Against set?

After rise against set he may have went after their set but after afi got off we went to go het vegan pizza at ottos.

1 Like

@Cher_I_Despair I certainly hope you’ll be framing that photo… :wink:

Also, I am something beyond jealous now. You met the guys and will likely meet them again with all of the shows you’re going to, PLUS… just yeah, you’re having an amazing time and I’m very happy for you.

See you next weekend?

EDIT: If you don’t mind, mention us too (@despairfactionc) when sending set lists :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course I give it to hq first though.

2 Likes

Of course, that is why I said mention us “too”. :wink:

Round 2 ready

5 Likes

Ok so it wasnt bleed black me and davey were sing it was paper airplanes at Id stop it had you a heart!!! Everyone told me it was bleed black so I went with that but after sleeping I was like nah it was paper airplanes

3 Likes

Lol… reminds me of when Davey asked the crowd not to sing the wrong words in his ear becsuse it really fucks him up.

I’m envious of you once again. Have a blast!