AFI tour announcement! "Mourning in Amerika" w/ Rise Against & Anti-Flag

IT’S OFFICIAL! AFI set to tour THIS YEAR w/ Rise Against & Anti-Flag!

Earlier last week, presumably a few shows of this tour were leaked via event posting that fans found quick! With this, sprouted a TON of fan reaction, but no official word from anyone, nor was anyone denying it.

However, it is now OFFICIAL and we have every reason to be extremely excited about this! AFI is set to tour with Anti-Flag and Rise Against!

https://twitter.com/AFI/status/978287056571940864

Tickets on sale HERE

07.28 | Toronto, ON | RBC Echo Beach
07.29 | Portland, ME | State Theatre
07.31 | Worcester, MA | The Palladium
08.01 | Brooklyn, NY | Ford Amphitheatre at Coney Island
08.03 | Uncasville, CT | Mohegan Sun Arena
08.04 | Philadelphia, PA | Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing
08.05 | Asbury Park, NJ | The Stone Pony Summer Stage
08.07 | Raleigh, NC | Red Hat Amphitheater
08.09 | Niagara Falls, NY | Rapids Theatre
08.10 | Rouyn-noranda, Canada (Not a “Mourning In Amerika” tour date; part of Osisko en lumière music festival in Canada)
09.06 | Minneapolis, MN | Armory
09.09 | Nashville, TN | Marathon Music Works
09.11 | Austin, TX | Stubb’s BBQ
09.12 | Houston, TX | Revention Music Center
09.13 | Irving, TX | The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory
09.15 | Morrison, CO | Red Rocks Amphitheatre
09.16 | Salt Lake City, UT | The Complex
09.17 | Garden City, ID | Revolution Center
09.19 | Bozeman, MT | Brick Breeden Fieldhouse
09.20 | Calgary, AB | Grey Eagle Event Centre
09.21 | Edmonton, AB | Edmonton Expo Centre
09.23 | Vancouver, BC | PNE Forum
09.24 | Seattle, WA | WaMu Theater
09.25 | Portland, OR | Crystal Ballroom
09.28 | Concord, CA | Concord Pavilion
09.29 | Santa Barbara, CA | Santa Barbara Bowl
09.30 | Irvine, CA | Five Point Amphitheater

Source:
http://www.riseagainst.com/news/mourning-amerika-tour

Also, listen to KROQ all this week for a chance to win tickets! More info here:
https://twitter.com/kroq/status/978306868769579008

1 Like

No Chicago. That’s a bummer.

As of now, I’m planning on the PA and NJ shows. I would go to the 08/01 show but it’s at the beginning of a family vacation.

They are coming to Toronto! :open_mouth: This might be my first change to see them live! :smiley: Although…my son would born around that date…so…well see :slight_smile: Let’s hope my stars align in the right way and I can get both :wink:

1 Like

…AFI as openers? Been burned before buying pricey tickets for a short set list. Considering there is nothing in DC, I might have to really think on this one.

I thought they were in the middle, after Anti-Flag.

This is a Rise Against tour. Not an AFI tour.

Opener: Ant-Flag
Middle: AFI
Headliner: Rise Against

I don’t understand this comment.

Yeah, I don’t understand your comment either. AFI is opening for Rise Against.

1 Like

Okay, I got you now. “Openers”… I misunderstood.

I just thought it would be like the Circa Survive tour where they alternated. I guess I don’t understand why AFI is still opening for other bands. Their club tour last year sold out almost every night.

1 Like

I guess Rise Against has an album coming out so they’re a supporting band. Hey, it’s whatever. I’m super-excited and plan to go to at least two of these shows.

I’m hoping to hit three of them at least, though I am debating the last 6 dates…hmmmm

Yeah, I was hoping to go to the NY date but that’s in the middle my family vacation unfortunately. I told my wife, “It would be nice to go to at least 3” but we’re most likely going to Aug 4th and Aug 5th shows.

1 Like

I wonder if this tour is an indication that more dates may be coming.

3 Likes

I have always wanted to see afi at red rocks nows the chance I’ll make the trek to Colorado maybe Utah then home in thesf bay to concord then Santa barbara, @Cher_I_Despair need help on how you pulled off 17!concord pavilion is like an amphitheater or shed normally reserved for radio events or multiple large bands,don’t get me wrong I love Afi and anti flag I didn’t know rise against had the audiences like that, I’d be I’mpressed if that was full. is rise against bigger than AFI now in terms of mainstream?Eitherway itl be a great show

@Ksf145 you need to work on your tagging skills, brother, lol. I fixed your post for you. When typing the “@” names should start appearing as you type their name. If you do NOT tag them right, they will not get the alert. :wink:

Haha thanks,I type on an iPad I have long fingers that hit the wrong buttons plus the autocorrect is a pain,these keys are too small!

Yeah, they have a pretty big fan base. What’s funny to me is that all current RA fans I have met voted for Trump. Either they don’t actually listen to the lyrics or something has gone terribly wrong with their message.

1 Like

This is almost a wet dream tour for me. Would almost consider flying over if AFI were headlining or Rise against played a set similar to the Album release show I saw them do last year (pretty much the Rise against eequivalent to an AFI troubadour setlist), which is highly unlikely they will do.

3 Likes