AFI Set List Brooklyn, NY 08.01.18, plus a fun tour fact

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl9mD8IHN-L/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=20pdw12x0eh8

Tonight, AFI took over Brooklyn, NY and delivering a set list with an iconic tone… with Strength Through Wounding. The Black Sails in the Sunset track was the first Black Sails track to be played so far on the Mourning in Amerika tour. The track carries the crowd as we chant, “Through our bleeding, we are one”…

It’s been typical so far that AFI is playing 10-11 songs each night. Fun fact: Every show so far on the Mourning in Amerika tour has gotten AT LEAST one new song that hasn’t been played yet on this tour. Tonight, “Strength Through Wounding” was that song.

IMG_20180801_215913

• Strength Through Wounding (Black Sails in the Sunset)
  • Girl’s Not Grey (Sing the Sorrow)
  • Love Like Winter (Decemberunderground)
  • Paper Airplanes (Sing the Sorrow)
  • Snow Cats (Blood Album)
  • Wester (Art of Drowning)
  • Bleed Black (Sing the Sorrow)
  • I Hope You Suffer (Burials)
  • Silver and Cold (Sing the Sorrow)
  • Miss Murder (Decemberunderground)

Credit:

2 Likes

I tried to get the other but it rode off with the drunset so im gonna ask adam friday If he still has it :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Gah, I can’t wait till the 7th for the NC show!

Aw man, you’re going to that?? I thought about going but had no one to go with. I can’t get out to Raleigh anyway. Have fun, hope they kill it!

@Cher_I_Despair were you able to get anything signed tonight?

Was literally wondering yesterday when Strength Through Wounding would make an appearance

I have this thread going also.

I came to realize that every show so far has gotten at least one new song (that hadn’t been played on this tour yet).

1 Like

In regards to last nights show, Eirinnie (Adam’s wife) live streamed a bunch of it on Instagram with commentary. It was pretty great!

2 Likes

Take out LLW and this is the best set so far. Too bad they’re not coming near me. Ticket prices are low enough for this tour to justify leaving before the headliner.

Hey @STORMS we must hug and chat later after show Im not staying for rise against set and going to see about bus situation all though its in ye gate and I dont see me getting back in with things to sign :rage::rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

Hey @Cher_I_Despair my wife and I left also right after AFI. My mom was watching our kids so we had to get going. It was awesome seeing you again! See you again tomorrow night!

BTW I spent almost $200 at the merch stand. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Right afer afis set adam was at merch stand for a bit talking to us I got to tell him my geoff story cause he liked my file 13 shirt and asked if thats where I got it lol and said they might do but home is Nowhere for my 30th bday​:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

I’ll have to look out for him tonight then. Thanks for the heads up.

At connecticut show he was far back in crowd chilling watch rise againsts set. I wonder if Anyone came out after words I saw Davey het in a car and girls were chasing him down the road​:joy::joy::joy: I was waiting at the crosswalk and he waved bye to me lol.

2 Likes