AFI Tattoos - I'll start with one of mine!

Here’s mine. It’s been a while since I’ve been on here!

3 Likes

Good to see some new ink being posted!

1 Like

Awesome! That’s one stunning tattoo!

Ouch. Did that hurt?

The worst tattoo pain I’ve experienced is on or around the elbow and shoulder bones and also inside the bicep.

I’d like to continue work on my left arm… I still want a BSITS sleeve… maybe one day.

Mine was on my wrist. My shoulder didn’t hurt so bad, but I couldn’t stop shaking :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I just got this one finished yesterday, and am quite proud of it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your tattoos are all so gorgeous! I’ll have to read this thread again and admire them properly when I have more time on my hands - it’s after 1AM here now, and I’m getting sleepy! :grin:

Just quickly, I have one AFI piece on my neck, an AOD sleeve on my left arm and a small Blaqk Audio lyrics piece on the inside of my upper right arm. I only have a picture of my neck piece to hand right now. The lettering is BSITSS inspired, and the vines are STS inspired. :slightly_smiling_face:
AFI_neck

(This is a recent photo of a fifteen-year-old tattoo, so it’s not as sharp as it used to be.)

Hello again! :slightly_smiling_face: As promised, I return with more pics.
This is my Art of Drowning sleeve. Another 15-year-old piece. Having seen some of the beautiful work already posted here I’m a little self-conscious of how heavy the colour is and how overconfident in his ability to tattoo free-hand the artist was, but all in all I’m glad I got this done. AOD is a special album, and this piece is part of who I am now.

(You can sort of see that I used to have an inner bicep DF roses piece, with a banner that says “weightless, endless faithless I’ll adore you” - It’s still there, but it’s been ‘swallowed’ by the sleeve!)

This next one is my Black Audio piece. It was a souvenir I bought myself after my trip to the US, which was mainly to see as much of Blaqk Audio’s 2007 tour as possible, but also just as a fun break. I met a lot of lovely DF members during that time, got to attend one of AFI’s DF only secret shows and also caught some of Hunter Revenge’s tour. :grinning: Good times. :metal:

(The concept for this one was pretty much something that aligned aesthetically with the merch at the time; abstract and futuristic.)

1 Like

Whoever did your sleeve shot that. It healed up really nicely the color saturation is really good. How many sessions did that take? I applaud your dedication. I am slowly saving money while searching for an artist so that I may join the ranks of marked individuals.

Thanks :grinning: um… don’t remember exactly how many sessions, but a lot! Do you have a design in mind for when you find an artist?

1 Like

Yeah, essentially I want to get the sing the sorrow cover on my right bicep/triceps. Just a ton of black. I’ll probably leave the inside of the upper arm open for the miseria cantare. Ultimately the entire right arm will be dedicated afi and their album art. I really like the dead boy from the art of drowning booklet(I don’t know if it’s called a dead boy but that’s what I call it, plus on days of the Phoenix dead boys and dead girls are mentioned so it makes since) so I’ll be getting him too. It’s gonna take some time and mulah but it’s gonna happen I thought about seeing if some of the artists that were mentioned in their earlier albums are still working. It would be kinda cool to get work by their honorable mentions, does that make sense. Okay at this point I’m rambling thanks for asking about my plans, it’s like talking about it manifests it.

Sounds like that’ll look good! :grinning: (The boy is called Art.)

Now that I know I shall refer to him as Art. Thanks for the info🤯

Yeah and the girl was Articia (pronounced like Morticia Addams)… I can’t remember if the heart-bat had a name. I loved those characters - just all the artwork from that album, really. It was a fun, weird sort of combination of cute and dark. :metal: :black_heart:

1 Like

I think that all the albums that was my favorite artwork. It had that Tim Burton vibe that I love so much

Agreed. Definitely feeling the Tim Burton influences!

Just got this six hours ago

3 Likes

That is fantastic! :smiley:

1 Like

The art of drowning album art

4 Likes