AFI Tattoos - I'll start with one of mine!

I actually drew that heart out to get tattooed back in 03. I got it with lyrics from The Leaving Song around it about a week after STS came out. I have 5 other AFI inspired tattoos but this one remains my favorite

4 Likes

Another one.

10 Likes

I love the concept! Very nice!

I have quite a few AFI ones, but this is my favorite. Background story (even though it’s a trifecta of awesomeness without one,) is that my husband cheated on me, I left to go to Florida for a week because it’s my favorite place in the whole world, and the ocean sounds like home and makes me feel whole. I connected with every song on Burial so much deeper that week, and this tattoo was part of my healing process. He hates seeing it because it reminds him of when he hurt me. I love seeing it because it reminds me of everytime AFI has helped me get through the hardest times.

4 Likes

I got more work done today. To see where the angel wing feathers originate go to the first post to see the top part of my sleeve.

I have one more session planned for shading.

7 Likes

“Breathe in the life of the summer’s death as the orange and red breathe their first breath, so welcome as they’re burning through” - Malleus Maleficarum Leaves ala Sing the Sorrow

7 Likes

6 Likes

Does anyone have any clear pictures of the Bat artwork from the Days of the Phoenix EP?

1 Like

I’m new to these forums but I was part of the old forums a while back, but these are my 2 tattoos :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Nice tatoos @PandaRose :smiley: Would you mind introducing yourself here :slight_smile: Introductions I’m sure everybody will happy to meet and greet you :slight_smile: and BTW…welcome to the forums :wink:

Welcome to the forums!

Just wanted to share that I keep getting compliments for my sleeve of leaves… sometimes I have to check my arm out in the mirror to remember how awesome it looks. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey! I wanted to share with you all what I got done today. I’ve wanted this since I was 13, I’m extremely happy.

11 Likes

Love how simple and clean it is! Very nice!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

That looks really good! Im looking to get a blood album ‘dedication’ on my wrist one of these days

1 Like

Finally got me some AFI tattoos this weekend. Way overdue and I plan to do more, but this is it for now :smile:

8 Likes

Any new tattoos out there?

I have nothing. But let’s see an update on you leaves sleeve!

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 4.46.53 PM I liked SYMAOYEs Mephistopheles and the message it brought :slight_smile:

2 Likes