DIY AFI Shares - things you made inspired by AFI

This post has been updated with other articles of fandom. Items include my own personal jacket, along with @_tonibell’s jacket, @Ophelia’s sticker and postcard collection and @Mankey’s customized-framed Davey Havok “band” poster (<<Awesome!). Make sure to have a look!

Do YOU have something that YOU made that is inspired by AFI? If yes, simply Register and Reply to this thread. It takes seconds and it’s free. :slight_smile:

Just installed the studs today. This is a Davey’s studded jean jacket inspiration. I have another project coming… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What are you using to stud it? Because the small gun I use only puts on the flat studs.

Btw. That looks so cool.

I used these (a local shop about 45 mins away from me):
http://www.angryyoungandpoor.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=235808&idcategory=308

These poke through with ease and all I do to clamp them over is use the guard on my box-cutter (anything hard will do).

Also, I’m super excited about my next endeavor… I’ll post before and after pics when it’s done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks so much! And please do share pics! As soon as I’m home from Lake George, I’m going to get started on the vegan leather jacket I have that I’ve been planning on modifying with an AFI theme.

Btw. I have discovered that family vacations drive me back to the AFI merch store and totally convince me to buy more merch that I have no room for. :sob:

1 Like

It’s not finished yet, but I’ve been working on a (somewhat embarrassingly obsessive) photo collage of the band (mostly Davey) inspired by the Sing the Sorrow artwork. :blush:

4 Likes

SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT! SHOW IT!

:smiley:

2 Likes

I unfortunately don’t have a picture of it and my phone is old and crap so the camera lens is so scratched I can’t take pictures with it anymore. In any case, yeah it’s kind of embarrassing and kind of almost a shrine. :blush:

2 Likes

Yeah, unacceptable… you need to find a way… lol . :slight_smile:

Sorry I’m poor. :laughing:

1 Like

Almost done… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In that case you need to check our my BlOOD jacket.

https://www.weareafi.com/t/diy-afi-shares-things-you-made-inspired-by-afi/99/10?u=storms

Okay, there’s the jacket I free painted for the most recent run of shows. I used iron-ons for the stitched letters. I was debating on painting the letters, but I wanted the extra dimension. I’m just started sketching ideas for a vegan leather bomber I have lying around.

3 Likes

I love that. Beautiful work! That’s one of my very favorite quotes from that Sing the Sorrow. At one time I considered getting that entire line from the poem (There is poetry in despair, and we sang with unrivaled beauty, bitter elegies of savagery and eloquence, of blue and grey) tattooed with the leaves on my leg.

2 Likes

Thank you! That song has always stuck with me, and coincidentally I finally got to see it live in Hartford. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did they play …but home is nowhere or This Time Imperfect? Either one is sick and I’m jealous. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If they had done both one after the other, I wouldn’t have survived. But, no, they did “This Time Imperfect.” I legitimately cried. Like, full on bawling and singing along. I was a mess.

2 Likes

FYI I’m at work atm (mobile on here is AMAZING - have you ttied it yet?) But when I get home I plan to feature your jacket. :slight_smile:

Awesome work! Damn, I really need to pop in STS… I’m still on Burials currently.

Hi @Vanished ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

STS is my go-to album when I can’t decide what to listen to. :wink:

And thanks!

And, yeah, I just finished at work. :slight_smile: but I’ve been using mobile most of the time. It’s AMAZING on here.

1 Like

Some of my stickers and post cards! :heart:

2 Likes

I have none of this, so good stuff!

Now that I’m done with my Blood jacket I’ve been tempted to buy a black jean jacket and do more customizing… but I need to wait… LOL.

I need to just enjoy this for a bit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes