🔪 ! Miss Murder Problem!

I liked this song when it was first released, with its epic bass line and its anthemic chorus. It really helped build anticipation for the release of Decemberunderground. Unfortunately, as has been said, it was very overplayed - everywhere - very quickly. It was a very catchy tune released at a time when what AFI were doing intersected with what the mainstream wanted and that comes with perks, but also lots of baggage, like what Chad said about it turning off old school punk/hardcore fans and attracting a lot of… let’s go with ‘fair weather fans’.

I still like the song - it’s good! I don’t listen to it very often, though.

1 Like

I like that term, it really works.

1 Like

I’ve had quite a few friends that where like that back when I was younger. I have had a few friends that were the opposite to the whole misery loves company thing. Fairweather friends could be the name of a song, no one steal it.

1 Like

Yeah, I know what you mean. Some people can’t handle it when things get difficult, or too real.

1 Like

i tend to listen to pe-2005 AFI almost exclusively, but if im gonna listen to Miss Murder, i prefer to listen to the UK Radio/Top40 Edit with the alternate bridge- the one that replaces Davey’s unclean breakdown with a more rhythmic, melodic section. maybe not everybody’s cup of tea but, my point is, don’t forget to consider the alt mixes, the promo-only cuts, the demos…

1 Like