Most underrated AFI song?

@Hammonds Were you on afiseries? I edited the two together. I think I was the first to do so. I lost my original edit when I got a virus on my computer but made a new one. I always thought both bridges belonged!!

It’s difficult to pick one song since they have so many, but I recently realized that The Leaving Song Pt. 1 is a secret bluegrass song. I can hear the phantom banjo and close vocal harmony. I’ve known this song for 15 years and I only just realized this.

2 Likes

I was, but didn’t post much or anything on there.
I guess it’s probably your original edit that I have then. Cheers for making it. It is an awesome version. I’m surprised it isn’t as well known amongst the fanbase, because I think quite a few people were into it back then

I totally agree. A bunch of my friends and family love AFI. I asked them if they have listened to Miss Murder. They tell me that it’s not an actual song. They thought I made it up. But when I played it for them, they were like,“Why have I never heard this song?” It may not be my top favorite, but it’s definitely in my top 5.

I believe an overlooked song that AFI has put out, probably one of the lowest rates songs on Sing The Sorrow is This Celluloid Dream. I have a bond with that song that the tides cannot break. It was shared between my deceased best friend, Krista and myself. So maybe I have a bias. Either way, I want to hear that song live one of these days.
Thank you for being here for me everyone in the DF

3 Likes

Ah, Iove This Celluloid Dream! It’s one of my favorites from Sing the Sorrow. Brilliant lyrics and I love how…bouncy?..it is? Lol. Thank you for sharing how much it means to you. Condolences for your best friend. :heart:

3 Likes

The lyrics are magical! And I’ve never considered any AFI to be bouncy before, but reflecting on it after hearing you say that it is rather BoUnCy. Haha. My attempt at making a word literally bouncy through text.
Thank you so much for your thoughts, input, and words of wisdom. You’ve lit my heart and enlightened me to a new way of seeing AFI.
= D
:>Charlie.

1 Like

This Time Imperfect.

2 Likes

“Catch a Hot One” duh

2 Likes

On the arrow, if feel it’s the b-side that gets the least amount of attention

5 Likes

Less than 100 Words? :wink:

1 Like

I see all the crash love bsides getting tons of attention :joy: so yes less than 100 words

I guess I always just forget 100 Words even exists. Which is weird.

Ooooo another often forgotten bside, rabbits are roadkill

1 Like

reivers music :black_heart: I feel like no one mentions this b side

6 Likes

For me cold hands is very underated the intro drums into the intro guitar and Daveys vocals. I just love that song so damn much

2 Likes

I don’t really like Ether that much, but it gets stuck in my head all the time. Anyone remember that bside?

1 Like

Ether is a song that I really like that I totally forget exists 99% of the time.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m starting to like it more and more, since it’s randomly in my head a lot

I’ve always felt soap box derby was very overlooked, (also i dont think theyve ever played it live?) it has a ramones style first verse and then goes into the classic fast hardcore for the chorus and on which I think is cool because they’ve never done that in a song before and it’s super catchy.

1 Like

Love Reiver’s Music!

1 Like