Post Your AFI Collections

Just added these to my collection thanks to @Pablo and these boards :blush::blush:

7 Likes

Not sure if this fits here but how do you guys store your vinyl collection? I’m moving into a new house and was looking for some inspiration

2 Likes

@dnlkdwll @Acidpickle @Snobgrass @4ibanez

1 Like

In a way that I’m sure would make some people cry :joy:

1 Like

How many records are you storing? All LPs or are there some 45s?

@storms this wallet is really cool :smiley:

1 Like

:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

5 Likes

I have a 4 cube ikea box filled up. Just looking for my LPs. My 45s are in some cases

Are they kallax’s? That’s the go-to storage for vinyl collectors. Value-wise, I’m not sure you’ll find much better that’s highly recommended. I have a 3x4 unit with my turntable and receiver placed on top of it.

I also have a separate, smaller unit just for my AFI collection

4 Likes

I keep my vinyls in plastic storage containers. I have mine stored in my attic to avoid any moisture from the basement.

Over the past year, I framed two of my earlier 7’s.

Your attic might not be the best spot for them if your area ever gets dramatic temperature changes.

1 Like

Good point… but our attic is also my son’s room. We have a roof fan installed so it’s sometimes nicer up there than the rest of the house.

Clothing part of my collection. Never tried to collect T-shirt’s or anything, just happened over the years. The anniversary tee’s once I started I had to get em all, but everything else was largely a ‘oh go on then’ moment. With exception to the 2003 tour shirt.

8 Likes

Extremely lovely collection, @Hammonds ! The only shirt I have of the bottom set is the Beautiful Thieves shirt. I’m hoping to get all of those anniversary shirts someday, but I’m not holding my breath.

I did do the right thing recently and got the Burials DF shirt on eBay. So glad I did… the Burials era stuff is HARD to come by…

1 Like

Cheers. You’d think stuff from the last 10 years would be easier to come by as it’s not considered to be their prime era.
The only blot on my anniversary tee collection is the ‘i Hope you suffer shirt’ the webstore fucked my order up (what a surprise). I had to scramble to grab whatever was left. So my whole collection are size ‘M’ except that tee which is ‘XS’ :unamused:

1 Like

I would say I have a hard time wearing my DF shirts, but it’s more like I do not wear them unless I’m going to a show. All of my AFI shirts, I treat more like sensitive objects… even my Missing Man pieces.

2 Likes

That’s fair. I’ve worn a couple of the anniversary tees once (but only for a couple of hours) but that’s it for them. Everything in the other picture i’ll Wear a bit more freely. The owl df shirt, Crash love shirt, 2003 tour and Nephilim shirt/hoody see the most wear. I’ll wear them pretty regularly and use them as my skate tees. The ‘eyes’ shirt, and the bootleg in the top left are gonna be added to that rotation in time. Everything else I wear, but a lot less, and usually not for long enough to need washing all the time.

1 Like

I so regret that I didn’t get the “Days of the Phoenix” t-shirt :frowning: Being a special one…is not likely that they will have on stock again :frowning: At least I have “Half Empty Bottle” and “Triple Zero”…and “18 Crimes” :smiley:

1 Like

Hi everyone! new here, but have been an AFI fan since i first heard the leaving song part II back in 2003 on channel V (Music video channel in aus). Like most of us here, it was love at first listen and i was hooked. AFI were definitely the catalyst for me going through my angsty emo teenage phase. dressed in black, super tight jeans, band shirts and cut and dyed my hair to look like Jade’s. Having a curly afro didnt really work out so well haha. Sing the sorrow will always be my favourite album, but i have a lot of love for the older albums - especially Very Proud Of Ya. it was the first album i ever bought on vinyl and i gave it an absolute flogging. it kick started my love for vinyl. in hindsight, I was lucky this started when i was 14 working at a burger king earning $5.20 an hour and couldn’t afford to splurge. took me a few years to get this collection and i have had a hiatus on buying vinyl, but have recently got back into it. Admittedly i stopped listening to AFI’s music after DU so this was the extent of my collection. I do have a lot of stuff missing (mainly cds and 7 inches) as i left my stuff at my parents when i moved out and i just went back to Australia after 4 years abroad and it was nowhere to be found. Luckily all the 12" were found. I’ve moved from Australia and now live in Sacramento, CA and brought back all my vinyls with me.

I just wanted to get some clarification on the colours. Discogs is great, but i cant 100% tell what colours they precisely are. One of the VPOY looks like a teal but when i go to discogs my version looks a lot darker. Same with the AOD. I can’t tell if the SYMAOYE is mauve either?
I couldn’t find a light grey variant for ATASF either.
I also wanted to know if the ATASF navy blue is a rare variant as none have been sold?

I also have a unworn mint condition pair of AFI vans size 11 in the box still in australia. I couldnt fit them in my luggage. ive tried doing research on this but couldn’t find out how rare they are or how much they worth? any information would be greatly appreciated!

Lastly, I’ve seen AFI twice. in 2006 and in 2010. i was absolutely stoked when they played Love is a many splendored thing in 2010 and finishing with God called in sick today is one of my favourite live music moments ive witnessed!

8 Likes