Red Rocks! Will you be there too?

I won tickets to Red Rocks! I’m going to the show!!! :four_leaf_clover::fire::heart::notes:

ADMIN EDIT: Photo galleries

Credit: AFINewsHQ

2 Likes

I’m jealous! I’m anxious to know what set list you get! Hunter said the Red Rocks show marks an anniversary of him joining the band back in the day!

Also, I’m jealous of you! You’ll be able to get this shirt! (the girl one)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWxfdJ4gtMr/

1 Like

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Go and enjoy yourself! I will try not to cry tears of jealousy. LOL

1 Like

Yay! I am so glad it was amazing for you!

1 Like

I gotta ask, did you get any merch or take any other photos?

1 Like

Yes, please post them on here! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will try to post the pictures here too! :heart:️:fire::musical_note:

2 Likes

I’m meaning to update with videos, etc. Just had a long car ride home so I feel very behind.

Sounds like an awesome experience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lucky! Very nice. I have the Blood Tour poster, just not framed yet. However, I may be picking up my framed set list tomorrow.

1 Like

Well, don’t feel too bad… this wasn’t a set list obtained through being at the barricade. Mine doesn’t have duct tape like @_tonibell’s. I just happened to get one from one of the stage personnel that handed the extra set lists out to some of us who were waiting out back by the tour bus after the show. My wife was right beside me and she lunged and grabbed one for me.

Getting that set list totally changed my “getting stuff signed” priorities. I had brought my DOTP ep cover to get signed and a magazine article I made into a poster. Hunter actually commented on it when I had him sign it. :slight_smile:

I need Adam and Davey to sign the magazine poster I made, then I can get it framed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Getting that setlist from Jade’s side was a combination of sheer dumb luck and endearing myself to the security guard in front of mez

2 Likes

You have duct tape though AND you have the “Who Knew?” premiere, don’t you?

My jealousy is severe.

2 Likes

I think I saw Who Knew the second night it was played. I think it was the Cleveland (?) show that they premiered it. I saw it in Portland. And, oh yes, I do like having the duct tape.

2 Likes

Yes, yes… the people with the duct tape set list from the “Who Knew?” premiere show… my jealously levels are pure.

2 Likes

I feel you. I’m still salivating over the lithos from Red Rocks.

2 Likes

I got the lithos from 9:30 Club.

This one: AFI on Instagram: "Washington D.C. - A very limited amount of special edition lithos will be on sale at our 9:30 Club show. For those of you going to D.C. and Baltimore, show us a photo of your tickets to both shows using #thebloodtour, to be entered to win one of these lithos signed by the band. You must be attending both shows to win."

2 Likes

FFFFUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKK.

Granted, this show was my official reentry to my AFI addiction. Before this show, it was YEARS before I saw them. Real life, marriage, house, kids, job all happening years prior.

Truth is, my wife had never seen AFI live so I actually bought our tickets for her. That’s why in my video thread ( @_tonibell ) I say, “I did it for her”, etc because I had realized/remembered how much AFI has meant to me. A lot of that shirt video I made has to do with that night. Check out the “I Am AFI” thread if you wanna see it. It’s a short video I made about the start of these forums

Good shit to you getting that litho!

2 Likes

I saw the video. It’s very well done, I’m impressed with your video creation skills. I most certainly couldn’t create any spoken word piece as well written as that one either.

And I was at the 9:30 club since about noon that day. I was 24 in line to make sure I could get barricade and that lithos.

Basically: I used a vacation day at work to go see AFI.

3 Likes

Dude, I feel you on the taking vacation days. I have none left after this last tour. Hahaha. Thank God I can work remote, so if I have to ditch, I just take the iPad and the notes and camp out where I need to.

1 Like

Wow, okay yeah… my wife and I were wrapped around the back of the building. We didn’t get there very early at all. Again, just prior to this show my AFI rage had calmed down from previous years.

I did record a few songs from that show. I’m glad you were able to get a litho.

And thanks for the comments on my video! It was meant to be simple, so I think it worked out well.

I’ve also used some vacation to see AFI. If only they were touring more! Oh well, maybe I can see DREAMCAR again this year… though it’s doubtful they’ll hit the EC again.

2 Likes