B-Sides and Rare Tracks

Good question… @Snobgrass @dnlkdwll @Acidpickle will be better to ask.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the 17 Crimes remixes. They are pretty fun if you like that sort of thing.

There is also an extended version of the Sinking Night but it’s never been publically released.

2 Likes

Thanks @Acidpickle. I would like to hear that extended version of The Sinking Night. How do you know about that. Did you hear it live?

So in another thread, the Miss Murder duet was mentioned. I couldn’t find it on Youtube. Does anyone have a link so I could have a listen? I’m curious, even if it is (supposedly) awful :laughing:

There was an interview somewhere I believe.

I can’t seem to find that version on YouTube. It was on the Japanese Crash Love.

It’s all about End Transmission though! :fire:

Ur right I musta been drunk when I typed that​:joy::joy::joy:

Awesome thread,I just caught up on it.I agree “On the arrow” is an amazing song and “Synesthesia” is one of my favorite b-sides. The view from here is truly a unique masterpiece I remember the interview where Davey mentioned he had wanted "The view from here"on Decemberunderground,he also wanted it to take the place of “Miss Murder” on the album.They’ve recorded and demoed lots of songs that hopefully will see the light of day I’ll be sure to ask Andy about the multiple sessions he did with them,Blaqk Audio also has alot of unreleased material.I would love to hear some Burials and Blood Album outtakes and bsides.I remember a few demo versions of STS songs had came out as bsides.I wish they kept that up.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a list of demos that were released and unreleased (leaked)just a list not asking for piracy I know there’s more out there than just the demos used on bsides

Found a cool track list on youtube anything missing besides the ziggy cover and girls not grey acoustic
#1 The Lost Souls (BBC Maida Vale Studios)
#2 Days Of The Phoenix (BBC Maida Vale Studios)
#3 The Hanging Garden (BBC Maida Vale Studios)
#4 Now The World (STS UK Version)
#5 The Great Disappointment (Demo)
#6 Paper Airplanes (Makeshift Wings) (Demo)
#7 This Celluloid Dream (Demo)
#8 The Leaving Song (Demo)
#9 … But Home Is Nowhere (Demo)
#10 Synesthesia (Demo)
#11 Girl’s Not Grey (Acoustic, Live)
#12 Rio (Duran Duran Cover, LIve)
#13 Just Like Heaven (The Cure Cover, Live)
#14 Love Is A Many Splendored Thing (Ft. Tim Arms)
#15 We Bite (The Misfits Cover, Live)
#16 No Reason (Minor Threat Cover, Live)

Demos that I know of:

The Great Disappointment
Paper Airplanes
This Celluloid Dream
The Leaving Song
…but home is nowhere
Synesthesia
Now the World (On 336)
Torch Song (Released promotionally on some random website)
Too Shy to Scream (Released on some incredibly hard to find promotional CD along with alternate versions of Darling, I Want to Destroy You)
We’ve Got the Knife (On some deluxe version of Crash Love)
Where We Used to Play (On some deluxe version of Crash Love)
Get Hurt (Similar to Torch Song, released promotionally on some website.)

2 Likes

Well there was that one song, Dark Morning Conspirators. Unreleased Crash Love song, as of yet unfinished because of some issue with the vocals. Davey says it kinda sounds like I Am Trying Very Hard to Be Here. There’s also one song recorded but currently unreleased from the Blood Album sessions.
Good luck trying to get your hands on those, though. Probably sitting on Jade’s iPod or on some CD-R somewhere in the members’ respective houses.
Technically, Breathing Towers to Heaven was a demo. Not sure who tracked it though. May have been at Jade’s house but the guitars sound too good for that. Drums are clearly overdubbed and a bit plastic sounding, which makes me think they were programmed in the box. (Love it all the same.)

3 Likes

I forgot about those. I remember being really disappointed when the Beautiful Thieves 7" was announced and didn’t have anything on the b-side.

1 Like

Thanks pins I’m aware of the crash love sessions and bsides we receivedbut to be clear the we’ve got the knife and others are demo versions seperate from the versions we have(like the sts demos we have like this celluloid dream)?Or do you mean we’ve got the knife was originally a demo released as is in the crash love special editions.I know I made this complicated but was asking basically if there’s we’ve got the knife on crash love special edition and we’ve got the knife (demo) on another release.thanks,these caught my eyes and what my questions pertain to.if there are seperately demo versions I need them! I remember a version of silver and cold acoustic was floating around years ago
Now the World (On 336)
Torch Song (Released promotionally on some random website)
Too Shy to Scream (Released on some incredibly hard to find promotional CD along with alternate versions of Darling, I Want to Destroy You)
We’ve Got the Knife (On some deluxe version of Crash Love)
Where We Used to Play (On some deluxe version of Crash Love)
Get Hurt (Similar to Torch Song, released promotionally on some website

Now The World on 336 is not a demo. It was just later re-recorded.

We’ve Got the Knife and Where We Used to Play only exist as demos as far as they have been released.

Going through this thread makes me realize I’ve never shared this photo before:

I still wonder why the label never went through with the release.

3 Likes

They never did think of a title for that EP, did they? I remember it being called the Crush EP, but I think that’s a fanmade title. I’ve grouped all these songs under that title on my iTunes (except Ether; haven’t got that one yet).
I’d heard the reason they didn’t put it out was because of (label) politics. Perhaps the label thought trying to put out the EP would be in violation of their 3 album contract, as it isn’t a full album? I don’t know; I haven’t seen that slip of paper. Might be a question to ask the band. Will have to remember that for the next tour cycle.

1 Like

I think it has more to do with the backlash from the community because of the previous titles of Fainting Spells and The View From Here

I’m wondering if the label weren’t the ones that cancelled the release in the first place. They spent the money for the recording and then the mastering. They would want the money from the sales. It would make sense for them to want to release an EP following up on a successful album especially since they had no idea when the next album would be done (Let’s admit that the band fucked around while recording CL. 9 months recording the worst album of their career together.) Maybe it was the band that decided they didn’t want it released.

Someone isn’t fond of CL… :joy:

1 Like