In need of friends

Thanks for saying that. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I would be honored if you did, that means a lot

So theres been an interesting development, im no long sad, depressed or anything of the sort. Turns out she was cheating on me and they were both gaslighting (or trying to) for months

1 Like

That really sucks i feel like its a different kind of hurt when this happens, ive been cheated on, twice, so i get it. Honestly your probably the one winning here, i personally feel like the stain of that kind if betrayal doesnt wash away from a persons soul or spirit or whatever, sheā€™ll have to carry that and the reprucussuons of such actions. Anyways im glad your not sad anymore you dont deserve it. Also, was the comment above this one i commenting to about the tattoo

2 Likes

Its the second LTR Ive been cheated on. So im definitely taking a break from LTRā€™s for a whileā€¦ unless i meet a super awesome Straight Edge person thats a geek as well.

Also yes i would be honored if you got my character tattooed on you. If it wouldnā€™t be too much trouble coule you post it to my Instagram: th3doctor_

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry you got screwed around like that. People can be such complete assholes. My first serious relationship was a similar situation, so I can relate a little here as well, although that wasnā€™t actually a long term relationship. I think itā€™s important to take care of yourself now and try to enjoy lifeā€™s small joys and remember that itā€™s okay to mourn what youā€™ve lost, but try not to feel bitter about it, if that makes sense. As Chad said, the stain is on that personā€™s soul, you shouldnā€™t have to carry that weight.

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna share something with you that I havenā€™t shared with anyone yetā€¦ something Iā€™ve been writing/piecing together over the course of this time/situation. Here it isā€¦ Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find it relatable:

ā€œThe Visitorā€

Attached to me, following me is a blackness Iā€™ve accepted as part of meā€¦

Who is the boy looking at the world with desperate eyes, without the strength to speakā€¦

Iā€™ll write those words I cannot speak

My hand will shake as my strength depletes

Visit me, nothing

Visit me, sweet nothing

I used to write in a black book. I would write in it when Iā€™d often be visited by nothing. I donā€™t miss the deep breaths. I donā€™t miss what would be happening inside. I hate how easy it comes.

Attached to me, following me is a blackness Iā€™ve accepted as part of meā€¦

Who is the boy looking at the world with desperate eyes, without a voice to speakā€¦

Iā€™ll write those words I cannot speak

My hand will shake as my strength depletes

Visit me, nothing

Visit me, sweet nothing

5 Likes

Wow! Powerful poem. I can relate to some of it. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing poem.

3 Likes

Thanks! Feedback is always welcome and appreciatedā€¦ itā€™s something Iā€™ve wanted to share, but didnā€™t have the write opportunity until now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Im no longer carrany extra baggage. However re adjusting to be joined at the hip to being 100% alone after 7 years, thats taking bit to process. No one to talk to just me 5 cats and a massively empty house

1 Like

I can relate to this and just feel this in my soul

1 Like

Im so happy i could help

Thank you for sharing your poem with us. Itā€™s beautiful, and the imagery of having a shadow-self always hanging onto you is very relatable.

@Th3doctor Iā€™m glad youā€™re feeling a bit lighter, emotionally. Thatā€™s really good to hear. I guess living alone will take some time to get used to, but at least you have your cats. Cats are wonderful company and five of them is five times as much goodness. Iā€™m pretty good at being alone, so if you want suggestions you could use the time to read those books youā€™ve been putting off, or watch that series or those films you never got around to watching. If you need to get out of the house, just go for long walks and listen to music, if you donā€™t really feel up to going Out-out. (Sorry, that was an awful lot of unsolicited advice!) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I truly appreciate any advice and will definitely do basically all of it.
However sadly my biggest issues now are waking up/falling asleep alone and the silence.
Oh silence used to be my greatest friend and companionā€¦ yet now after 7 years of constant talking, joking, praising, talks of music, movies trivia, discovering new things togetherā€¦ theres nothing, no one to turn to and say did you see that? What was that? Did you like that song?

2 Likes

That sounds hard, it sounds exactly like grieving. I suppose, in a way, it is. Even though no one has died, youā€™ve been though a huge loss and life is going to take a lot of readjusting to. If it helps, Iā€™ve found when Iā€™m alone and I canā€™t stand the silence I put the tv on, even if thereā€™s only rubbish on. At least itā€™s voices.

2 Likes

Im trying that but what sucks is everything i watch now is stuff wever grown to love together.

2 Likes

That does suck. Iā€™m sorry and I know youā€™re trying. Iā€™m sure things will improve with time, though Iā€™m aware that isnā€™t much help now. I do believe things will get easier for you and the hurt will lessen.

1 Like

Iā€™m probably going to go out on payday and do what I used to do and search for obscure foreign films. My wife and I had much different tastes when it came to those.
But I must say Ally, chad, and everyone else. Thank you so much for all your kind and supportive words, poems, advice, stories and more. I have never felt so happy and connected with a group. Thank you all. I hope i dont bother too much and will still post and may still seek help/advice as i continue to heal.

3 Likes

That sounds like a really good idea, I hope you find some excellent new films to watch. As for the rest, youā€™re very welcome and Iā€™m just glad we were able to help some. I hope things continue to get better, and weā€™ll be here whenever you need to talk. Best of luck with everything.

2 Likes

I love this, like @Ally said usung shadows as imagery was beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this

1 Like