Post Your AFI Collections

Holy shit… yeah, that’s a Dork price:

1 Like

Yeahhhhhhh, kinda feel guilty bidding against people I know of, so I just keep quiet ahaha.

And trust me, my role isn’t lucrative, but I can give myself easy access to debt now.

2 Likes

Lol!!! I don’t have to worry too much bidding on stuff, you have so much already that if you want it you get it.

1 Like

That’s his “I really don’t want to sell it” price. Crazy price.

1 Like

Agreed. Way too much.

1 Like

Hi, so I’m new here and couldn’t resist taking the username that no one else had.

But I love everyone’s collections and don’t have anything nearly as impressive myself.

3 Likes

We welcome you wholeheartedly. Afi fans are the best so thank you for joining us! :metal:t2:

2 Likes

Welcome @totalimmortal ! As for as collections go, we’re all here because we love AFI so don’t feel intimidated! Welcome! :slight_smile:

Hell yes!

@STORMS

The Sacrifice Theory promo tape is the one with a Vandals song from Look What I Almost Stepped In on the other side, right?

The postcards for these were at Warped Tour in summer 2000. I don’t recall how many dates the Vandals were on that year, but AFI did about a week or so. It included Cleveland and Pittsburgh. The postcards were at their merch table. There may have also been a Nitro tent or table or something that had them.

Here’s a fun wild goose chase for you guys from that same era. So The Art of Drowning leaked pretty far in advance of its release date, with Napster really blowing up that summer. I’d say it was floating around in late July or early August, if not before that. But, even before that, decent quality rips of Sacrifice Theory and Wester popped up. Is it just a coincidence that these two songs spread first, or is there some kind of promo disc or something that someone ripped? I always wondered that.

1 Like

Interesting, I know that there is the Wester promo cd, with the aforementioned Wester song and 6 to 8 on it. I’ll have to look to see if Sacrifice Theory is on a promo.

Ok, so the Promo cassette has Sacrifice Theory on it and there was the promo CD with all the songs, here is the promo cd link. One of these was just on eBay and went for less than $10!

lol, I won that auction. Set an alarm for 3 in the morning to bid.

2 Likes

Yep, I’ve got one of the AoD promo CDs. Saw those occasionally come through the store that I worked in from 2003-2007.

Based on the 2001 copyright on it and my vague memory of the time, that Wester disc didn’t get released until The Art of Drowning had gotten a bit more popular. Possibly even after The Days of the Phoenix EP? So that wouldn’t have been the source of the summer 2000 leak…

I mean, it’s also possible that Sacrifice Theory and Wester were just the leaker’s two favorite songs, or someone with a fast good connection got those two and so they had a reliable source while the full promo didn’t get into the hands of a fast user until a little later. This was the tail end of my dial-up years, so it probably took me like half an hour to download those two songs. Haha.

1 Like

That’s a great buy, I was pissed I didn’t try to pick it up to flip it lol!! I set my alarm for stuff too but then @Acidpickle out bids me…so I don’t get enough sleep and I’m cranky for being a eBay loser :exploding_head:

2 Likes

See, this is why it’s better to remain anonymous ahah.

For months my life cycle was a mess cause I was basically up all the time looking online.

1 Like

LOL!!! Its all good my Friend …I was just busting you ha ha!!

1 Like

We’ve all had those early morning AFI wake up calls! Fast asleep followed by nerves, anticipation and finally joy or disappointment!

3 Likes

I don’t have any promo tapes. I just have the Wester/6to8 promo disc.

Yeah, and panic of not logically knowing to stop bidding. When you get into that mindset of “I’m going to win this”, it gets scary.

1 Like

Various promo CDs. The UK Edit of Miss Murder was by far the most difficult to find.

5 Likes

I never knew there was such a thing as a UK edit for Miss Murder. How is it different? Feel like I’m gonna have to do some careful listening…

P.s. Love how that sticker mentions AFI’s Myspace communty :joy:. Wonder if the mentioned Reading/Leeds appearance that year was an error? 'Cause it didn’t happen, they were never booked for it that year.

2 Likes